Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Finger Throttle Questions

I know there are a lot of threads, most are out dated and I can't just buy a 'kit' anymore from the sounds of it. I just bought an '07 RXP and hate the thumb throttle. It's very awkward for me, but I used to own Yamaha's and liked the finger pull so well, I wished I had that over thumb throttle on my quads. For me, I have better throttle control with a finger pull; easier to let off when I should and prefer using my thumb for handlebar grip.

Anyways, is the only option now to piece together my own? If so, what all do I need? Will the factory cable work with a finger pull? I'm assuming I'd need to drill a new hole in the factory cover if I keep it on the bike. Do I need handlebar extensions? I read somewhere that '06+ are wider. ANY and ALL help is appreciated as I am home very little and would need to have all parts at the house ready to rock and roll on it. I'll definitely do a write up since I could find one for a pieced together kit...

Im also interested in this. Greenhulk performance sells the kit, I just dont know if it works with stock handle bars. Doesnt say anything on there...so hopefully some will get in here and let us know

+1
    I just installed one on my 05 GTX SC. The finger throttle mounts further out on the bars away from the handlebar pad so there is not much handlebar left to grab on to so you need the bar extensions as well.

Here is some info http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=197625

I lucked out and got a used RIVA kit on Ebay with the bar extensions, spacers, finger throttle and handlebar cover. If you want to piece it together you would have to find the handlebar extensions, a cover for the handlebar pad and a finger throttle.

Hot Products make a plastic cap for the handle bar FB001-SD. Crazy price for what it is.
    Any finger throttle will work, if you can find a RIVA one you don't need the cable adaptor.
    Seadoo throttle cable adaptor.

I have some left over parts if anyone is interested, I ended up with two sets of the bar extensions.
    Used RIVA bar extensions, with the two plastic spacers, looks like they came off a salt water boat they are fully functional but not pretty. RIVA Seadoo finger throttle cable adaptor part number 18-2326, it's new in the package I bought this from the online store and it turns out I don't need it with the RIVA finger throttle.

Next problem if you have a cover it will not fit over the extended handle bars. I bought a cover for an RXT X which has the wider bars and it fits great.

+1
    I don't see the conversion kit on GreenHulk Performance, only the finger throttle assemblies. So, any finger throttle will work using a Seadoo adapter right? Next question, do the finger throttles come set up for a Kawasaki? I ask because I'm wondering if I can use a stock Kawasaki finger throttle and use the Seadoo adapter. I was interested in RIVA's discontinued kit because it looked close to factory. Just weighing all the options, either way a finger throttle is a must for me.

EDIT: Also does anyone know if the 06+ bars are any wider? What size grips do the stock '07 bars accept? I want to replace the stock crap with ODI Rogues when I do the finger conversion.

Has anyone used this kit; http://jetskijunky.com/store/sea-doo...ersion-kit-690

Pricey but looks nice/factory.
    Last edited by strubby; 06-28-2013 at 07:56 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by strubby View Post

Has anyone used this kit; http://jetskijunky.com/store/sea-doo...ersion-kit-690

Pricey but looks nice/factory.
    That looks exactly like the RIVA kit and is a similar price to what RIVA was charging when they were available. If you want a finger throttle and wider bars with a factory look then that kit is the way to go IMHO.

+1
    $215 is not similar to what riva was charging

think i paid $138 back in the day.

+1
    After more searching I found that my 07 bars are taller and already wider. Not sure if they are 1.5" overall or each side wider but it sounds like I may not need extensions. It sucks I'm on the road working and can't measure anything on my bike for reference.

Can anyone verify that a Kawi finger throttle with Seadoo adapter will work? Also if my bars are wider, what is taking up the extra space, larger bar covers before the thumb throttle and kill switch? Having my g/f take pics and measurements tonight. I need to figure out what kind of room I have for a finger throttle. I found a Kawi I like as long as it will fit and work with my cable.

Again what size grips does an 07 take, 120mm? You would think this handlebar stuff would be simple!

Does anyone know what takes up the extra space on 07 bars? If it's the covers before the throttle/kill switch I was thinking an earlier year cover my help give more room. I dunno just guessing now Haha

+1
    Bump...

+1
    your 07 already has wider bars...DO NOT use the extensions,especially if you have a cover...if you run the extensions then you wont be able to get a cover on your ski.......I did the older style finger throttle like in your link on an 07 a couple years back...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61030

As far as a Kawi finger throttle working i dont know,it might but am not sure..As far as the grips go,youll have to measure to see what you need...i run longer grips on my 06 than i do on my wifes..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    your 07 already has wider bars...DO NOT use the extensions,especially if you have a cover...if you run the extensions then you wont be able to get a cover on your ski.......I did the older style finger throttle like in your link on an 07 a couple years back...

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61030

As far as a Kawi finger throttle working i dont know,it might but am not sure..As far as the grips go,youll have to measure to see what you need...i run longer grips on my 06 than i do on my wifes..

Thanks, that thread has a lot of good info in it! I see you have ODI Rogues on in one of your pics, do you remember if they are 120mm or 130mm? Did the throttle side clamp on ok with the new finger throttle? Sorry guys like I said I am on the road for work and this is the only help I can get. Need to have all the parts ready when I get home.

Does anyone know if a Kawi throttle will work using Seadoo cable adapter? Looks like most aftermarket finger throttles fit Kawi directly and you need the adapter for Seadoo so I would think so... I ask because a Kawi"kit" isn't much of an option now and I don't need bar extensions anyways. I found a PJS composite factory-looking throttle for a Kawi just not positive it will fit.

Last request that I can think of, can someone give me a measurement of the base of their Riva finger throttle (how much bar space it takes up?). Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information