Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Stuck...

  1. #1
    Carson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    273

    Stuck...

    I have finished putting the engine back together on my SLT 750. I had some help with electrical help from BlueFishCrisis, and I have it all wired and ready to go. But I'm not even getting a clicking from the engine when I push the start button.. It's all wired correctly, the battery is charged and good. Any ideas?


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    Did you connect the little ground wire from the solenoid? Check all of your start switch wiring.

  3. #3
    Carson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    273
    Just checked start switch wires, they're good. The little ground wire from my solenoid is connected to the bolt that holds the CDI down.. I'm stuck.

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Just checked start switch wires, they're good. The little ground wire from my solenoid is connected to the bolt that holds the CDI down.. I'm stuck.
    It should be connected with all of the other ground wires under a nut. That point where the CDI mounts may not be grounded. Did you test your connections with a meter?

  5. #5
    Carson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Just checked start switch wires, they're good. The little ground wire from my solenoid is connected to the bolt that holds the CDI down.. I'm stuck.
    It should be connected with all of the other ground wires under a nut. That point where the CDI mounts may not be grounded. Did you test your connections with a meter?
    No I haven't. I need to go pick one up at my local hardware store. That's where they were when I took it apart.

  6. #6
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,929
    +1
    1,407
    Lanyard?

  7. #7
    Carson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Lanyard?
    It would try to turn over w/o it.

  8. #8
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,584
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    ... I need to go pick one up at my local hardware store...
    Do not go too cheap on the multi-meter.

    An auto-ranging meter is preferred for basic troubleshooting.

  9. #9
    Carson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    273
    Hardware store is closed for some reason today I need another way to find the problem.. Hmm..

  10. #10
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,584
    +1
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Hardware store is closed for some reason today I need another way to find the problem.. Hmm..
    Find a neighbor of a friend that knows something about electricity. Then borrow them, or their meter

    Alarm system diagnostics, automotive electrical, electrician (sometimes), PV solar panel, etc.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stuck at 8,000 RPM"S. ??????????
    By 4-techscharger in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 02:21 PM
  2. Throtle body stuck HELP!!!
    By danny76 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 09:05 AM
  3. My balls got stuck!
    By Vman in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-03-2006, 07:54 AM
  4. stuck splines - help
    By Brutus in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 11:57 PM
  5. Code 67 (stepping motor stuck open)
    By Rusty in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 07:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •