Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

* RXDI Aftermarket Fuel Pump , anyone have any comments on these?

Well, Long story short.. I bought my 2002 RXDI in 2010.. found out the fuel pump was bad ( Guess these DI pumps are not that reliable) I had a new fuel pump put in beginning of 2012... cost me around $1100.00 which included install. Now after about 40+ hours on the ski.. I have the same issue and yes the shop said its the pump again.. I just cant see how this can happen only after 40+ hours and I don't even ride that hard. I'm sure not going to dish out another $ 1100.00.. So I happened to find an after market in tank pump ( High Flow ) that fits inside the pump module . its $ 150.00 and it has received a lot of positive feedbacks on thier ebay page.. only one negative.

Has anyone tried any of these after market pumps for the DI pump modules and If so, how was its performance ?

Here is the link :
    ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/180953029590...84.m1497.l2649 )

Thanks for the feedback !

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Yep- i put a ford ranger one in a gsx rfi last year and still runs great

+1
    Yes....DON"T DO IT! I recently went through 3 of them, all faulty brand new from HighFlow Fuel. Their customer service is great but apparently they are having some issues which they don't care to address. I even made a video to show them their pumps are faulty AND exactly what's wrong with them and didn't even get a "Thank you, we will have r&d look into it." . But heck, if you're making $100 a piece on them and 1 in 10 works then I guess that's allright???!!??

Video of current issue they have->

+1
    i put one in my xp last year, had to have one warrantied already. Im hoping this second one will last. its really hard to swallow 900-1200 bucks for a fuel pump..

when it works, it works great. no issues.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Yes....DON"T DO IT! I recently went through 3 of them, all faulty brand new from HighFlow Fuel. Their customer service is great but apparently they are having some issues which they don't care to address. I even made a video to show them their pumps are faulty AND exactly what's wrong with them and didn't even get a "Thank you, we will have r&d look into it." . But heck, if you're making $100 a piece on them and 1 in 10 works then I guess that's allright???!!??

Video of current issue they have->

Just curious, Have you done the same test with the assembly that Bombardier would like to sell for a grand?
    What would be the comparison between the two?

+1
    Yes, I have tested all 3 from highflowfuel and the stock original. The pumps from highflow fuel would work if they weren't leaking everywhere and bypassing pressure back into the tank. They should not be spraying out sideways like that. The DI needs 95+psi just to fire up and idle. Needs 102-107 constant to run properly, and it must be at a low amp draw so as not to overtax the electrical system and burn out rectifiers. The stock pump is a heavier duty, much better made part that doesn't have a cheap plastic pump head with a leaky seal.

+1
    Are you sure that the test your performing is accurate? I mean, the behavior you show in your video looks to be similiar to a blocked hose scenario, or similiar.. when the pump is on a properly operating system, there is a return line for fuel bypass..
    if they couldnt generate the right amount of pressure, they wouldnt run at all.. im just sayin..

So, this fuel system has been "out there" for how many years? An NO ONE knows what the OEM source on the fuel pump is?

Im not understanding why we have to order the complete assembly from BRP.. the pump, screws right out of it, and clips in just like any other, in any other fuel injected scenario with in-tank pumps..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetman150 View Post
    Are you sure that the test your performing is accurate? I mean, the behavior you show in your video looks to be similiar to a blocked hose scenario, or similiar.. when the pump is on a properly operating system, there is a return line for fuel bypass.. Yes but the diaphragm type fuel pressure regulator works off of air pressure on the opposing side, the more you try to stop the flow, the more pressure the pump puts out to overcome it, whatever volume leftover that's not being used returns back to the tank. I used the hose pincher as a regulator to boost the pump pressure up.
    if they couldnt generate the right amount of pressure, they wouldnt run at all.. im just sayin.. Correct, none of them will generate enough pressure to even start the Seadoo up.

So, this fuel system has been "out there" for how many years? An NO ONE knows what the OEM source on the fuel pump is? Yes, we do...the OEM was AIRTEX but they have discontinued that particular pump.

Im not understanding why we have to order the complete assembly from BRP.. the pump, screws right out of it, and clips in just like any other, in any other fuel injected scenario with in-tank pumps.. Probably because it's a discontinued pump and they are just selling off leftover complete modules.
    I have found several other pumps that will meet the pressure and flow requirements but they all have a fairly high amp draw which is just not acceptable on the DI powered Doo.

+1
    Hmm.. Interesting about the airtex..I wonder if any of the newer pumps would work?

+1
    Yes, some will work but they tax the electrical system so badly that you don't have enough juice to charge the battery, AND the rectifier runs so hot it will burn up in a matter of hours. OEM Seadoo pump runs at 6amps. Most aftermarket that will run at a constant 105 psi go 12-15amps. And if I remember correctly the stock DI system is only capable of about 13 amps.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information