Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Stick with my 2010 RXTX 260 or trade for a 2013 RXT?

I have a buyer for my 2010 RXTX for good money ($9650). My warranty runs out at the end of 2013. Now I'm starting to think twice about selling. If I did sell it I would probably buy a 2013 RXT for $12,700 (dealer quote). I've read about the problems with the 2011's & 2012's, but not sure if the 2013 have all the issues worked out. My current ski runs great and all updates have been done. It does have 91 hours so I will need the supercharger done soon but still I'm thinking about keeping it and buying an extended warranty. Any idea how much this will cost? Am I thinking crazy here or what? If I sell my ski and buy new I would be paying almost $4000 after TTL. I have the money but not sure this would be a wise move.

Someone PLEASE give me some direction here! What would you do???
    Last edited by driveumhard; 06-28-2013 at 03:38 PM. Reason: sp

Banned User
    +1
    I think if you like what you currently have, then keep it. If you would rather have the new one, go for it. 4000 bucks will do a lot of repairs if you are worried about warranty or lack there of.

+1
    2014 models are out in a couple months and the 2013's are going to be cheaper then.
    Stealerships are more willing to bargain at the end of the month...

I'd personally sell it and get a 12 or 13 that's been not used much.
    I just picked up a 2013 rxpx with 3 hrs in it for 13k with a triton trailer.
    Ski is now on its way to Brazil.
    You just have to look for the deals.
    Too many people buy these bad ASS skis and don't ride them or wipe out hard a time or 2 and get scared of it.
    The owner of the 13 px got tossed at wfo and didn't ride it again.

+1
    Thank you for your comments. Anyone else???

+1
    I'd personally sell it.

If your going to extend your warranty that will cost you some money. Let's just say somewhere between $700-$1200 or so depending on the warranty. The 9650 is good money on it. So a brand new ski and I think Seadoo is still making it a 3 year unless that promotion ran out. Either way I'm sure you can work out a sweet deal on getting it to 5 years for very little money, maybe even thrown in. At that point your getting a new ski for about 2Kish and no worry for years.

When I bought my 13 RXP-X I asked what was around the corner for 2014 and he made it sound like for the most there was going to be very little change in Seadoo's model line up. Surely nothing to hold out for. Two other places told me the same thing. Who knows as with any sales man they want to make a sale today and not months down the road. But doing research I've yet to come across any news that would say different.

+1
    IMO the extended warranty is not worth the expense, IF you know how to wrench yourself. Look closely at the BEST warranty and you will find it does not cover as much as you think!

I'd keep it and use some of that money burning a hole in your pocket and mod it to perform as desired.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    IMO the extended warranty is not worth the expense, IF you know how to wrench yourself. Look closely at the BEST warranty and you will find it does not cover as much as you think!

I'd keep it and use some of that money burning a hole in your pocket and mod it to perform as desired.
    +1 on what jpt says. I'm on the same fence, but I would not do anything till i find out what the 2014s will bring. If nothing new then I will be keeping mine and just modding it some more.

+1
    Thanks for all the replies here guys. Any idea when info on the 2014 models will be released?

+1
    I'd keep it until the ICers are figured out. You have your ski and know it runs good. Too many buying the 12 and 13 skis with issues even in body paneling.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    Thanks for all the replies here guys. Any idea when info on the 2014 models will be released?
    I think its after Labor day weekend usually???? Late August or early september? Maybe someone else can chime in here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information