Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: X-45 questions

X-45 questions

Greetings everyone,

I am new to the pwc world so keep that in mind please.

That being said, I'm no stranger to how the idea of a toy turns into never ending projects to get them just how you want them. So my latest one, decided on last year, was to get a pwc. After looking for a while, I wound up deciding on a X-45 that I found for various reasons. After wrenching on it over winter and getting it tuned, its now time to focus on prettying it back up and addint a few tweaks.

So my questions are 1. I'd like to add a trim system to it and was curious of what models I should be looking for to get the parts needed to make that addition?

2. It's missing a few decals, most of which are the saftey ones. Im not worried about them but the one I am curious about is the blue nose one. Any ideas where I could find that one? Or am I better off painting it on? Most spots ive looked said they were discontinued which is understandable due to the age and that polaris isn't doing watersports anymore.

I would like to also put out a big thank you to the site for all the information it provided while I was learning about my new investment.

Banned User
    +1
    Contact xtxracer on here. He will sell you the full set of decals for around 180 bucks I think. I bought one from him last year when I redid my X45

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    i wouldn't bother with the trim.what kind of water do you ride in? lake..river..1-2 ft chop..smooth water.the stock setup is hard to beat as far as wanting one pump setup for an all around setup.i have 2 for my virage tx.6 wedge,nu-jet 7.0 prop,6 vane,stock grate for the river.3 wedge,17/22 skat prop,8 vane,750 grate for the lake

Banned User
    +1
    I have trim on my X45. It doesn't make a huge difference, but what I really like about it is being able to run a 6 degree wedge, yet still push the nose down when I want to. It holeshots like crazy with the trim all the way down, and turns pretty good that way too. It doesn't have the effect that is has on the 2 seaters, but it is noticeable.

As far as the water it will see, mainly it will be on medium sized lakes with an occasonial river thrown in every now and then. I could see hitting that 1' to 2' chop but I'd imagine seeing smoother than that more often.

As far as the trim, I was kind of under the impression that I could use it to level the ski out almost on demand. Instead of laying off throttle, persay, I could use that to settle it down. I'm probably wrong, still getting the hang of going from land to water. If the stock setup makes for a great all around setup, probably keep that.

What were the design intentions of this ski, like cruising, speed, sport?

BryanP: Thank you for the decal referance, I'll keep that in mind. Im thinking that with the difficulty of finding them, having a whole set around may not necessarly be a bad idea. Also, your X looks amazing, made me realize how nicely they do clean up.

+1
    Is that a triple outlet Mikuni fuel pump mounted on the right side of the hull??

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    red pipe,hot seat intake manifolds,mikuni carbs as well

No, it has two double fuel pumps leading into a rail that feeds some Mikuni 44 taper bored carbs. I wont take any credit for that, it came on when I bought it. Came with a blown motor and when I swapped in the next on, I kept the same intake and exhaust set up.

+1
    Very nice, I think this ski was on ebay a couple a yrs ago

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information