External intercooler on a 215 rxp

whats up guys, iv'e been a spectator for the past couple years. when i sucked some rocks up last year i thought i was going to die but i came here and saw how easy it was to change the prop and wear ring. I stuck a 14/19 in there with a riva grate and i was hooked. this is a great site full of knowledge and just wanted to say thanks.
    Last year i put in a x-charger with 42s and loved the gains i felt and now i want to put in an external intercooler. i just recently installed fizzle opas block offs and a riva thru hull, so now that i have this big empty space begging for an intercooler i have a few questions. I plan on getting a fizzle HE, with my current setup what exactly do i need. From what i've read it seems i could just throw on a rrfpr…which one is better, the riva or r&d. Since an X-model ski runs an intercooler without a rrfpr..can i just get my ecu flashed to run with my particular setup? ive looked into the dynojet cmd, and im all about precision, but i have no desire to sit on my ski clinging onto a laptop… So my question is what are my best options to run an external intercooler efficiently. I also assume im gonna need a 15/20 prop since im already bouncing on the limiter with my current setup. Can i have my 14/19 pitched to a 15/20 or will it not be as optimal/efficient as a 15/20 out of the box?
    id love to hear from anyone who has experience/knowledge about the mods i want to do and thanks in advance. By the way, the thread on ebay intercoolers caught my eye…..someone please just remind me that you get what you pay for!!!

+1
    You will want the 15/20 prop. It is typically a solid 1 MPH faster than the 14/19 at the same RPM.

You can get your ECU flashed to 255 X ECU specs to be equal to the fueling the OEM Seadoo 255 platform supplies. I would recommend swapping out your fuel pump for a Walbro high flow pump. Make sure you have Bosch 42# injectors or equivalent as they seem to flow more than some other so-called 42# injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassboy2889 View Post
    whats up guys, iv'e been a spectator for the past couple years. when i sucked some rocks up last year i thought i was going to die but i came here and saw how easy it was to change the prop and wear ring. I stuck a 14/19 in there with a riva grate and i was hooked. this is a great site full of knowledge and just wanted to say thanks.
    Last year i put in a x-charger with 42s and loved the gains i felt and now i want to put in an external intercooler. i just recently installed fizzle opas block offs and a riva thru hull, so now that i have this big empty space begging for an intercooler i have a few questions. I plan on getting a fizzle HE, with my current setup what exactly do i need. From what i've read it seems i could just throw on a rrfpr…which one is better, the riva or r&d. Since an X-model ski runs an intercooler without a rrfpr..can i just get my ecu flashed to run with my particular setup? ive looked into the dynojet cmd, and im all about precision, but i have no desire to sit on my ski clinging onto a laptop… So my question is what are my best options to run an external intercooler efficiently. I also assume im gonna need a 15/20 prop since im already bouncing on the limiter with my current setup. Can i have my 14/19 pitched to a 15/20 or will it not be as optimal/efficient as a 15/20 out of the box?
    id love to hear from anyone who has experience/knowledge about the mods i want to do and thanks in advance. By the way, the thread on ebay intercoolers caught my eye…..someone please just remind me that you get what you pay for!!!

God damn, did all the greenhulk guru's take the weekend off?? BUMP

Fizzle- i have the green bosch 42's that came from the online store. Where can i get my ecu flashed to a 255 X ecu?

+1
    My boy mike is running an eBay cooler for 2 years now no problem. I run a fizzle H/E. both out skis run strong and both ICs do there job. A CMD doesn't necessarily entitle having a laptop while you ride. If you run the auto-tune the ski will tune itself u just need to accept the changes on the computer real quick to get it dialed in. I'd rather ride around occasionally checking the laptop then have to pop the seat reach in over a hot motor and make adjustments to a regulator until I get it right. I'd imagine it could be a bit tedious.

Thread Information