Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

GP1300R vs. FZR SHO

I'm kinda new to this site, but I own 7 waveblasters and spend a lot of my time on the X or pwctoday. I am looking for handeling, something very quick, yet reliable for a joyride on the Hudson river, I'm set on these two skis but don't have much experience with them and i'm curious as to which will be better suited for me and what the pros and cons are?

+1
    If money is no issue,and you plan on going on longer rides, I suggest you go with the FZR, for the better mpg factor.As for being reliable,both are Yammis, so with proper care and maintenance, they both should last.

I've always been a stubborn Yamaha guy. I rode the SHO last week and was very impressed, will ride my buddys GPR tomorrow.

+1
    Either way, you can't go wrong. Or you can look into a gprsho conversion,and get the best of both ; )

Banned User
    +1
    This isn't even a question. Fzr 4 stroke would be my pick hands down

+1
    Having own the GP1300 and not FZR, it is true, there is a big difference between the two (night vs day) sort of speak, The GP 1300 is a very fast (top end 2-stroke) the FZR a super charged 4 cynd-4 stroke also with a fast top end about the same. However, the FZR is much larger & offers a better ride on chop H2O. The FZR will however, cost considerably more to purchase than the GP1300. You can make the GP1300 additionally faster with a whole host of mods. The resale value on the FZR, will continue to remain high for some time yet. Now that we covered the basics ... you must decide if you want to cross over to the world of Super Chargers & Turbos, because that is a horse of a different color! Ha Ha ..... Good Luck P.S. I really do love my GP1300R , its very fast & fun to ride .... and for the money the most ski you can get.

+1
    I've been riding a GP1300R for years now and just bought a brand new FZR on 6/13/13 and just as soon as i can save up enough to pay half i am going to pick up the FZS. and selling all my 2 strokes except my 1390 triple piper. and if i get a good enough offer may sell it.
    Just a lot better riding experience and you don't have to buy 2 stroke oil.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pokplalya22 View Post
    Either way, you can't go wrong. Or you can look into a gprsho conversion,and get the best of both ; )
    +1. That's what I did.

+1
    I have both. I would say the FZS/FZR is a better overall riding experience. Its much more stable, handles chop better, turns better. Amazing hole shot. Still, I like the way a high powered two stroke hits, especially when the power valves open. I'd say the GPR is more fun to screw around on but for longer/rougher rides the fz platform beats it. Ultimately a 4 stroke with dedicated oiling system should be more reliable.

Sorry guys, I made it to post #5 and got completely distracted. Will try to read the posts but for some reason I keep going back!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information