rxp steve
    +1

Tracking problem

I seem to have a tracking problem that I can't figure out. I have an 07 RXP that I just installed a new pump shoe (was not centered on lining shaft),SF ride plate, carbon ring and rebuilt the pump (240 hours). what is happening is I set the handle bars with a tape and used a straight edge on the nozzle per the manual. When I put it in the water, the handle bars are a 1/4 to the port while tracking straight. When in the water riding I adjusted the bars to ride straight and everything felt normal. When I took the ski out and straightened the bars the nozzle seemed to be to the right and the ski is running straight. I'm wondering if somehow I have the ski "crabbing". When I installed the shoe it centered perfectly on the lining shaft using a 10mm socket all the way around, I did not check the keel line to the lining shaft. The OPAS is set per manual. Everything went back together flush and without any problems and is running perfectly, picked up a couple of mph"s. I just can't get my head around the fact that my nozzle isn't parallel to the shoe when running straight. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be. Thanks for any help in advance.

+1
    Check the alignment of the intake grate and/or ride plate.

rxp steve
    +1
    I just went out and pulled a string down the center of the keel to the center of the transom and measured the ride plate from side to side back to the string, then did the same with the intake grate and both were less than 1/6". Is there a better way to check the grate and ride plate alignment. I should also say I had the same problem before I installed either of the plates. It did the same when it was stock. I guess the next thing to check is to see if the transom is square with the keel. Has anyone done it per the manual and it track straight or is there still adjustment to be made normally.

Thread Information