Lean looking spark plugs?

Hey guys just changed the plugs on my 215hp 4tech... only performance mods are a 4 inch custom intake. I noticed the plugs were somewhat white.... definitely more "lean" looking that plugs that i am used to seeing out of non forced induction motors.... is this lean look simply due to forced induction, or should i run some injector cleaner as maybe they are semi clogged?

I can get some pics of the plugs up in a bit if necessary.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
    do a wot run and pull plugs as soon as you shut it down that will give you a much better picture do not idle before you pull plugs

Perth Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by primorxp View Post
    do a wot run and pull plugs as soon as you shut it down that will give you a much better picture do not idle before you pull plugs
    yeah its a bit hard to tell on the 4 strokes.... go flat out towards the beach, then pull key off early and glide on in!

As part of a basic maintaining of your ski you should run Injector cleaner thru it.
    I use Lucas Injector and top end lubricant from Walmart.
    It's around 7-8$ for 32oz.
    If your Injectors clog it can burn a piston/cylinder fast.

5. +1 by:

I relooked at the plugs... one is definitely more lean looking than the others. definitely running some injector cleaner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130629_185045.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	305391

Dallas, Texas, United States
    do you have any means of monitoring AFRs on your ski? Always a good thing to have so when this question arises you already know the answer! I highly doubt your ski is in any trouble with just a 4 inch intake. Ive also seen a data log of a stock ski and they seem to already run a lil lean from the factory.

other than the plugs is there anything else that isnt right with the ski? hows it ride?

Shreveport, Louisiana
    The plug in the center definitely shows signs of excessive heat, that light pinkish color is a tale tale sign. These machines are lean from the factory but that appears a bit more than usual to me.

The boat, an 06 sportster 215, runs great, only about 4 mph below top speed for the same boat, and I have a wakeboard tower and two huge speakers acting as sails. I will say that one plug does look a little leanish so I'm definitely running injector cleaner, but not overly concerned if they "tend to run a bit lean from the factory "

Thread Information