Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Exclamation Urgent note to all 2013 300x owners !!

Just want to know if anyone else who has purchased a 2013 300x has had any problems with it hesitating while trying to get to top speed?
    I bought mine in Feb. It had 40 hrs on it when I started to get hesitation, like it was stalling out for microseconds, with the rpm and boost fluctuating, up to 1000 rpm while trying to accelerate hard, or trying to get to w.o.t.
    No codes were being thrown at all. At slow speeds it was fine. Never missed a beat. Top speed was only 85km/h at best. (And I was pedaling it to get there...)
    It was steadily getting worse to the point were at ~ 45 hrs it was doing it all the time on acceleration, and would never reach top end.

Finally after the dealer managed to actually experience what was going on (it was completely random in the beginning), with a fuel pressure gauge hooked up for the second time, and the gauge going all over the place, he thought it
    might actually be fuel pump issues.

Well, $535 later which I am still pissed about, seeing as this all should be warranty, and after 3 times at the dealer, and several test rides by the dealer and myself, it turns out that the whole fuel pump, and assembly was rusted and corroded to hell, over the entire pump unit assembly from top to bottom !!
    So I can only assume that it looked the same inside the actual pump itself.
    It looks like they didn't even have the pump assembly anodized from the factory !! The 2011 and 2012 300's were, but mine definitely was not !!
    I have had anodized parts sit in salt water for a year and not be rusted like this. So many questions but one also is, how do you get that much oxidation when the pump unit is submerged in fuel 99% of the time....???
    It has had ZERO water in the fuel, or the tank, I check all the time, so I think, bottom line.... Factory fitted problem, and maybe ALL the 2013's are like this..... just saying.....

So just a warning to all other 300x owners, if you have problems like this, maybe look at this first

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    the only warning here is

poor quality fuel can have moisture in it , orif the ski is left for long periods with a empty fuel tank WILL rust the metalic parts

either are NOT a warranty item , as kawi or seadoo or yammi dont make the fuel we use

Waz

JMO

[QUOTE=ss-v8;2199822]...Finally after the dealer managed to actually experience what was going on (it was completely random in the beginning), with a fuel pressure gauge hooked up for the second time, and the gauge going all over the place, he thought it
    might actually be fuel pump issues.

Well, $535 later which I am still pissed about, seeing as this all should be warranty, and after 3 times at the dealer, and several test rides by the dealer and myself, it turns out that the whole fuel pump, and assembly was rusted and corroded to hell, over the entire pump unit assembly from top to bottom.../QUOTE]

I can see why you were frustrated but Im not surprised that warranty did not cover. Corrosion anywhere is often chalked up to normal wear and tear or maintenance issue. Im curious whether you use gas with ethanol? Its hard to avoid sometimes but I think it can exacerbate stale gas or water in gas problems. Regardless, you have great ski and now fully back in business! Good luck and I hope its clear sailing from here!

+1
    im guessing you are from australia you werent using safeway fuel were you or united fuel?, im guessing the problem is in the cheap premium quality fuel you are buying, would i be right in suggesting that?

seen your symptoms in so many car fuel tanks its not funny

+1
    His aussie alright , who else would call themselves ss v8 lol. Hope all is well with the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    im guessing you are from australia you werent using safeway fuel were you or united fuel?, im guessing the problem is in the cheap premium quality fuel you are buying, would i be right in suggesting that?

seen your symptoms in so many car fuel tanks its not funny
    Nope you'd be sorely mistaken !!

Aussie yes, cheap fuel.....HELL NO !!!

Nothing but Vortex 98 or Shell Premium 98 has EVER touched the injectors of my girl...
    So bad fuel, doubt it. Also seeing as I check it regularly by sampling from the bottom of the tank, and looking for the water to separate. Pretty easy test if you want to be sure.

And yes, now ski runs like a bullet again.
    I'm just a little lighter in the pocket.
    Kawi "came to the party" re: fuel pump, which also lends to the fact that they knew something was BS.
    Thanks for checking on the ski !!

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    the only warning here is

poor quality fuel can have moisture in it , orif the ski is left for long periods with a empty fuel tank WILL rust the metalic parts

either are NOT a warranty item , as kawi or seadoo or yammi dont make the fuel we use

Waz

JMO

Only if you consider leaving it "left for long periods" 52 hrs in 4 months, in a brand new ski, and "poor fuel", nothing but 98 in it from day 1....

Out.

+1
    thought you said kawasaki didnt cover it under warranty in your first post? so what state are you in?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ss-v8 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    the only warning here is

Waz

JMO

Only if you consider leaving it "left for long periods" 52 hrs in 4 months, in a brand new ski, and "poor fuel", nothing but 98 in it from day 1....

Out.
    Well no thats not long periods at all..

So it confirms that moisture has gotten in the tank with the fuel .....cause you ruled out condensation from sitting...
    You will find kawi covered it because they have a GOODWILL policy .....nothing more nothing less.

Either way its fixed now , just knowing is the best way to avoid a recurrence........
    Waz

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information