Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New pwc looking to buy. Few Qs

First off I apologize if this is in the wrong section. Seemed to be the best place.

Ive been doing a lot of research on what the best pwc would be for myself and my wife (only one ski)

im
    leaning towards the yamaha cruiser sho due to the size and reliability. Fzs is nice but I think as a couple and often a third rider the fzs maybe trying to be greedy for a little bit faster and nimble ski. Thoughts?

i plan to kneeboard and tube a lot as well.

also is the offseason a decent time to buy. I'm currently about to purchase a truck and will not be ready to buy in time for this season. Plans are dec-feb/march. When's the best time to buy new?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

Another new member recently asked similar questions. Look back through this Open Discussion section.

I posted in that thread, as did DrivingZiggy. Should be easy enough to search for.

+1
    Here's my thread where I got TONS of info out of these guys! We ended up with a pair of FX HOs and I just pulled them for the first time yesterday with my '95 Camaro Z28. I'll be posting pics and vids of that later.

Quote Originally Posted by DrivingZiggy View Post
    Here's my thread where I got TONS of info out of these guys! We ended up with a pair of FX HOs and I just pulled them for the first time yesterday with my '95 Camaro Z28. I'll be posting pics and vids of that later.

Ziggy remember me? Small world eh?

What year HO did you get. I might want to check it out.

+1
    Lake Charles Chet??? I got new 2013's. The first thing is that EVERYBODY said to get Yamaha. So I thought I would get the cheapest. But then with the LS2 Bahamas trip coming up, it was decided that I would probably need the extra power of the FX. Of course the SHO has more power, but I don't need it--yet.

So, yeah, read my "old" thread and you can see all of the GREAT information and recommendations the guys gave me. You can also see their frustration with my indecisiveness and delays and overall cheapness. But I eventually got the right stuff. They are going to the shop tomorrow for their first service.

By the way, the power will straighten your arms out! The difference between these and the rentals in Florida is dramatic. Also, we went brand new due to my lack of mechanical skills.

Lake Charles Chet??? I got new 2013's. The first thing is that EVERYBODY said to get Yamaha. So I thought I would get the cheapest. But then with the LS2 Bahamas trip coming up, it was decided that I would probably need the extra power of the FX. Of course the SHO has more power, but I don't need it--yet.

So, yeah, read my "old" thread and you can see all of the GREAT information and recommendations the guys gave me. You can also see their frustration with my indecisiveness and delays and overall cheapness. But I eventually got the right stuff. They are going to the shop tomorrow for their first service.

By the way, the power will straighten your arms out! The difference between these and the rentals in Florida is dramatic. Also, we went brand new due to my lack of mechanical skills.

Yes lake Charles. Was at lps looking at their waverunners. Didn't have much of a selection. If the 14s have any upgraded features I'm going to swing for a 14 ShO or maybe an FZS. Pm me your number. I have more questions. That's a long thread. I read a lot of it. And yes I'm convinced yami as well!

+1

+1
    I PMed you my number. I'll be glad to help any way I can--but if it's just generic stuff that may be asked by other folks, we should discuss it here in the open so's we might be helpful to other folks, too.

+1
    Damn...that Camaro makes those skis look even bigger than they are.

+1
    I would go with the SHO, it's a little more geared towards tubing and such.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information