Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar

Getting ready to pull engine

Ok i was trying to get an 06 RXT but my fiancee was hardly amused with this idea considering i'm trying to buy a house next year and the GTX and my truck will be paid off in spring. SO... I'm going to be pulling the engine out of the GTX soon to start tearing it down and spend the thousands of dollars its going to take me to make a stock RXT in GTX SC colors. This sucks but i'm gonna fix her wagon since she just bought a brand new $30k car. I'm gonna go as far as my money can stretch, including forged pistons like the ones CRS has and head work. Hopefully Nil's stuff is out soon so i can get that SC kit. Jerry what specialty tools do you suggest i get for tearing down the engine? I'm getting the driveshaft/floating ring tool from Richard as well as the other pump related tools. I would be so happy if my effort this winter yielded a 70mph ski in the spring.

Your sh*t better be together by Feb/ March so I have someone to ride with. I def want to see this going on. Are you tearing this apart at your house???

Damn right i'm doin it at home! You gotta learn somehow. I talked today to my friend with the condo on the water on 31st st. but i'll post that in the local rides area. As far as having this done by Feb/March, I can't guarantee anything. Selling my camaro has a lot to do with how fast this goes considering it will generate the quickest funding. I hate to get rid of her but one toy is enough for now.

Good move anyway. The camaro doesnt work well in the water or in the waves down OC...

Yeah it was an unfinished project with almost 10 grand into it. I'll be lucky to get 3 grand back out of it. But if i get that thing sold or parted out it will get my engine and mods together faster. If you know anyone its a 91 RS with a built 383 stroker and a lot of goodies. I figure i'm going to need 4 or 5 thousand for the ski.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i gotta tell ya o1xdime... you may want to think a little more about this...

get a sheet of paper and write out every mod and price and what this total project will cost you...

Intercooler
    ECU
    Pistons
    Head work
    SC stuff?
    props

that stuff alone is 3-4 grand in parts

then think about how much you could sell your 03 SC for and then take that money and the money u were gonna use for mods and pay for an RXT in full.... throw a few bucks and u got a 70+ mph ski with a warranty and zero hours...

it may balance out to be the exact same price, but in the end u got a newer ski.

jsut something to think about. the woman might not agree, but you gotta put it in black and white in front of her so she sees the rationale. if i convinced my parents that i needed to drain my bank account and buy a jetski, then convince them 12 months later that i needed to sell that one and drain my bank acocunt again for an 05 RXT, than anyone can convince their wife of ANYTHING....

+1
    xdime, i don't know what specialty tools you need to tear the engine apart. I will never do it. When it's time for a rebuild im sending my engine to Nils.

Nils also has the hookup on those trick pistons and some awsome headwork/valves.

Well i see your point of view but the GTX is in her name and her argument is thats it's paid off soon and why do i need something new? My idea was to sell the GTX for $5000 or so ( i guess thats good?),pay it off, and have a grand or so to put down on an 06 RXT. Then put my my money into modding that but at a slower pace. She doesn't see things my way plus she doesn't think i'll get financed which is a possibility since i've been late on truck payments before. But how she is ok with dumping half the cost of a new RXT into the GTX i don't know. But time is running out and i need to firure something out now so if i am doing the GTX up i need to get started.

+1
    for arguments sake....

sell 03 SC $6500

Buy leftover 05 RXT 10,000

= 3500 upgrade... add 500 parts and you are at 70 mph

--------

Mod 03 SC .. at minimum u need

intercooler and plumbing = 1100
    IC block off plate = 50
    ECU = 1300
    New prop = 200
    pistons (300 each?) = 900 total

right there you are at 3550.... not including shipping costs and assuming all mods are installed by you... plus i'm thinking you are gonna need more parts than what i just listed

i hope that i do not come off as discouraging... i'm always lookin for ways to penny-pinch

+1
    sell ur SC for 5000 or so!?!?! my DAD wants one, i'll come to your house and give you 5,000 in cash tomorrow

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information