new ski, noticed R and D head on it, how can i tell if its rec or mod?

HEY! first time poster! So i just bought this 94 waverunner 700cc for 100 dollars! I notice right off the bat it has a R and D head on it. How can i tell if this is the rec or mod head? compression seems right above 120psi in both cylinders. It starts right up and revs right up but doesnt seem to idle but i didnt let it warm up, could just need some spark plugs. The previous owner said it revs up fine but doesnt go past like 10-15mph on the water. Im just trying to figure out whats up with this head. I cleaned the carb/ carb filter but it seemed ok. I read about removable domes and yada yada all advice is appreciated. Im a mechanic by trade with lots a 2 stroke experience but almost none with jetskis.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrider5001 View Post
    HEY! first time poster! So i just bought this 94 waverunner 700cc for 100 dollars! I notice right off the bat it has a R and D head on it. How can i tell if this is the rec or mod head? compression seems right above 120psi in both cylinders. It starts right up and revs right up but doesnt seem to idle but i didnt let it warm up, could just need some spark plugs. The previous owner said it revs up fine but doesnt go past like 10-15mph on the water. Im just trying to figure out whats up with this head. I cleaned the carb/ carb filter but it seemed ok. I read about removable domes and yada yada all advice is appreciated. Im a mechanic by trade with lots a 2 stroke experience but almost none with jetskis.
    Its been quite some time, but I think my compression was 150 on my 94 Raider stock head.

yea comp should be 150..130 would be the lowest id be ok with as long as both were very close 1-3psi of each other..120 is low !!

Thread Information