Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 250x Ultra supercharger heating up quick and WATER IN OIL????

I was summerizing it and tried to start the machine up. it was very hard for it to start but i got it started. i had the hose connected and running before I turned it on. When i tried cranking it, just one turn and it would stop. i took the plugs out and it was full of water. so i turned the hose off and took the water out the plugs and put them back in, than i started the machine and it started after afew cranks and than i tuned the hose on. all was fine and ran perfectly fine. the supercharger was nice and cold. checked the oil and it was nice and clear, did the oil change before i winterized it.

So i thought it was ready for the water and waited till this weekend and took it out to the lake yesterday. it started and ran fine but when i gave it throttle it would bog out. i didn't WOT it, just lightly. as i rode it around for a few more moments it started getting better and started running more smoothly. after about 5 min of riding i pulled the seat off in the middle of the lake to check if all is well and the SUPERCHARGER WAS VERY HOT AND SO WAS THE TOP END OF THE ENGINE. so i rode it back to the dock slowly and pulled the seat of to check the oil and stuff. still hot and the OIL HAD WATER IN IT.

The other thing is, that when i was running the machine on the hose the charger was nice and cool.

what could the problems be? no codes or any warning.

i am also new to the kawasaki jets.. my first pwc was a polaris and it still runs beautiful after about 190 hrs.

thanks guys.

+1
    how long was the hose running without the engine? sounds like a cracked head/head gasket or manifolds leaking as its very hard for water to enter the combustion chambers from the exhaust.

i was running the hose for about maybe 3-4 min. When i realized it wasn't cranking i turned the hose off and drained the water out. after that it ran ok on the hose and nothing mixing. The mixing only happened after i took it out to the lake.

How do i check if the heads cracked?

+1
    3-4 mins and you realized wtf im sure you can realize in like first push of the starter change out the oil a few times and try again.

I didn't realize it wasn't cranking cause of the water hose, after i pulled the plugs out than i noticed it was full of water. I changed the oil out. i did about 3 oil changes with 5w30 oil and when the oil was nice and clear than I put in the 10w40. took it out for a spin and noticed it was merky again.

the supercharger also got really got within min of riding.

+1
    remove the belt and spin the charger by hand also the idler if they spin free all is good there. water in oil is another issue you need to sort out maybe flush it out again who knows how much water got in there.

Any idea why the supercharger might be getting really hot? It gets really hot within like 5 min of riding.

+1
    umm because its pumping a shit load of air, air gets hot when its compressed I explained how to check it if its got a problem..

the supercharger spins freely. and im gonna drain the oil out tomorrow afew more times and see what happens.

I just thought it wasn't normal for the supercharger to get hot. so all is good than.

thanks for your help

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    You need to keep changing the oil NOW before any more damage occurs...water in the engine oil is not a wait and change thing....its a do it NOW thing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information