Need help with 96' Waveraider

I was on the water today with a jet ski I had just recently bought. previous owner told me engine was rebuilt 2 seasons ago, and new fuel lines last season. engine started up without much problems out of water and I flushed out quite a bit of the winterization fluids such as oil and fogging spray. Seemed ready for water so took it to the water. Started it up moved a little bit but top 10 mph. Took it back to the dock thinking it was spark plugs (makes sense). Changed sparkplugs, put fresh new ones in and started it up again. Went out but the same happened only going about 10-15 mph tops. Then as I started out there I pumped the primer while I was moving and it gave me a burst fo speed so I pumped it a little more and more while moving and got it to probably 30mph, then it slowed down eventually and if I let the throttle go it would idle then I pull throttle again and it would stall. Took the ski out of the water, took the spark plugs off again to dry out the cylinder and only 1 spark plug was black, the other looked brand new. I am assuming this is because I was running the engine on only 1 cylinder and maybe no fuel was getting to that cyclinder unless I pumped the primer. In that case did I flood the cyclinder that was working with gas because I kept pumping the primer? Need help! thanks guys. And by the way, the engine doesn't want to start now even after pumping it, it sounds weak.

+1
    I'm no mechaic, just a jackleg but I'd check the fuel filter and fuel lines.I suspect the carbs are clogged and need rebuilding.Start with a new or fully charged battery.Should spin over pretty fast.Check compression.Search here, alot of info shared.

i will definitely charge up the battery but do you think i should start the engine again even after yesterday, i am afraid that if i keep trying to start a possibly clogged engine, i could cause some serious damage. thank you for the response dockwalker

+1
    Pull the plugs and crank over.Should be easier.If you get water shooting out, may be too late and you may have bent a rod.If thats the case, will need a crank rebuild.Smarter guys than me can point you in the right direction.Search and Read here.Just about everything on older skis has been discussed.

Thread Information