Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Seadoo 787 New top end, BURNING THROUGH OIL !

    Just rebuilt my 97 Seadoo Xp 787, brand new top end, i.e. pistons,rings,gaskets. Oil injection removed,block off kit installed.
    Took it out to the lake today for first time since rebuild, started the break-in process, everything seemed okay, was running well.
    Then the low oil light came on, I thought that does not make sense, its only lubing the rotary valve area. Took to shore filled up the resovoir, let it sit and coold off for 30 minutes. Went back to ride it, running great, about 45 minutes later the light comes on again. WTF!!!! Anyone had this issue, crank seals??


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by topfli8979 View Post
    Just rebuilt my 97 Seadoo Xp 787, brand new top end, i.e. pistons,rings,gaskets. Oil injection removed,block off kit installed.
    Took it out to the lake today for first time since rebuild, started the break-in process, everything seemed okay, was running well.
    Then the low oil light came on, I thought that does not make sense, its only lubing the rotary valve area. Took to shore filled up the resovoir, let it sit and coold off for 30 minutes. Went back to ride it, running great, about 45 minutes later the light comes on again. WTF!!!! Anyone had this issue, crank seals??

    Also wanted to add, the cylinders are not shooting any oil out of spark hole, with plugs removed.

  3. #3
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Your crank seals for the rotary valve shaft are shot. That's really all it can be.... unless the oils in your hull.

  4. #4
    Ok. So I guess I need to find a new crank then.

  5. #5
    Was looking over the ski before I pull the motor, noticed that the oil line with inline filter comeing from bottom of oil resevoir is connected to the check valve on top of oil reseivoir. Is this the proper way to route the line?

  6. #6
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,004
    +1
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by topfli8979 View Post
    Was looking over the ski before I pull the motor, noticed that the oil line with inline filter comeing from bottom of oil resevoir is connected to the check valve on top of oil reseivoir. Is this the proper way to route the line?
    That doesn't sound right. That line with the filter needs to be connected to the exhaust side of the rank case. The return from the carb side of the crank case need to return to the connection below the check valve. There should be no line connected to the check valve directly

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by airbornexp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by topfli8979 View Post
    Was looking over the ski before I pull the motor, noticed that the oil line with inline filter comeing from bottom of oil resevoir is connected to the check valve on top of oil reseivoir. Is this the proper way to route the line?
    That doesn't sound right. That line with the filter needs to be connected to the exhaust side of the rank case. The return from the carb side of the crank case need to return to the connection below the check valve. There should be no line connected to the check valve directly
    I have the block off kit installed, would this be a issue with the ski burning through the oil resevoir tank?

  8. #8
    flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mahomet, Il. USA
    Posts
    6,004
    +1
    163
    No, it sounds like the crank seals are shot and possibly a bearing eating oil if your not getting it on the plugs or out the plug holes.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS - Parts Seadoo 787, new top-end, less than 10hrs since pro-x pistons installed
    By vspec1 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2016, 09:08 PM
  2. Seadoo 787 Rebuilt top end, pto cylinder trashed
    By topfli8979 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-19-2013, 11:38 PM
  3. Compression on Seadoo 717 with new top end
    By cornhusker in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2012, 10:27 AM
  4. Troubleshoot New Top End - running rough 787 Engine
    By KCseadoo in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 10:54 AM
  5. HOLY COW!! New top-end SPEED!!
    By Pistonwash in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 10:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •