Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 RXP Issues

2006 RXP Issues

Hey guys. I have a 2006 RXP, original owner and just hit 12 hours. The ski had sat for a few years while mainly using the boat. It was running fine the first time out, but now with Fresh 93, fresh plugs and replaced started relay the ski is struggling to turn 6400 RPMs and hitting low to mid 50's top end speed. Also, it used to be a rocket out of the hole but today my dad and I lined up my ski vs a gtx di to show him how it's not performing like it should. I barely took a GTX DI off the line, not right. I noticed when I changed the plugs today they were slightly chocolate but wet with oil or another slippery liquid. Where do you recommend starting? Ceramic SC Clutch slipping, impeller? Just hit 10 Hours last weekend so the service hasn't been done yet. thanks for the help.

+1
    You said you put fresh gas in, did you drain the old gas???, and wecome to the forum

+1
    Sounds like supercharger may have already let go! Squeeze hose from supercharger to throttle body and rev ski, it should get tight with boost pressure. If not supercharger not working.

+1
    If you have ceramic washers then don't even crank it.
    Take out the charger and send it to jerry (hulk) on this site for a full rebuild , washers n bearings.
    If your washers break and fall into the motor your screwed for $2000+ maybe even a total motor.
    It doesn't matter the hours it has I've seen ceramic washers break at less than 10 hrs..

Take out the charger and take a pic and post it. There is a sticky on pulling the charger.
    If your getting to 6200 rpm the charger is still working because if it wasn't you'd be not getting over 5000rpm.
    There are a few ceramic washers and you could have broken 1 and its not boosting as it should.
    I'd also run a double dose of fuel Injector cleaner thru it.
    Also pump n dump the old fuel.
    You don't want to run any fuel thru it that's been sitting for years..

Post pics of the charger washers and we can tell you if they are all still there...
    Good luck!!

Fresh fuel and lotsa stabil. It was running fine but the starter relay was shot so replaced it and the plugs. Was running high 60s before but now it's bogging per say out of the hole and top end is way off. It still has the stock washers (ceramic) so thinking they might be slipping or shot. It's running smooth, just no where as snappy as it was. Noticed that it is also bouncing a lot more on top end and loosing speed and rpms much more than it used to. Could the fuel filter be clogged as well from the old gas sitting in it or most likely the charger is too blame?

+1
    It's no joke about the ceramic washers.
    They break and there pieces grind down inside your motor.
    You need to not even crank it.
    Pull the charger its really easy if you read the sticky.

If you didn't pump the old fuel then there is your problem with it not running correct.
    Although the bouncing rpms could be that you've broken 1 washer and its not engaging the charger like it should.

Pull the charger and post pics.
    Don't ruin your ski over ceramic washers..

I'll try and get the charger pulled and get some pics once I do. It's on a drive on dry dock at the lake. I don't have a trailer since we have always kept them in the slip. Will I be able to pull it over the water?

+1
    Stabil is not fuel Injector cleaner.
    I use Lucas fuel Injector cleaner.
    If its been sitting for years then you need to pump n dump the old fuel.
    Run a double dose of fuel Injector cleaner and see how it runs.

If those ceramic washers break the motor has got to come out and be cleaned out.
    Yeah its over $2000 in parts and labor.
    Don't think that just because it has low hours that your safe to ride with ceramics...

+1
    Read the sticky.
    It's not hard to do.
    Only 3 or 4 bolts and she's out.
    It would probably be easier on shore even if you had to beach it.

It sat with less than a couple of gallons and topped it off with new 93. Think if I ran Lucas through it that should clear the fuel problems? I know the ceramics and nothing but issues so I'll pull the charger. I have a feeling it's Riva time. Feel bad for riding her hard today but I figured maybe it was just a plug issue after seeing how wet and oily they were but brought the sled back in after that didn't fix the issue

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information