Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Raider 1100 question

im rebuilding the carbs on my raider 1100. i pulled the hi and low jets out to make sure they arent clogged up and im wondering what jets come in this things stock. im rebuilding them because it has the common bogging problem off idle. i bought this almost a year ago with 240 hrs now it has 269 hrs and this is the only problem ive had.

Dentwizard welcome to the fourm.

The raider 1100 with 38s stock is
    (1,3) 107.5m
    (2) 95m
    (1,2,3) 75p

thanks, i was a little confused when i pulled cylinder #2s hi jet and it was different.

i just put flame arrestors on and went to premix. should i rejet or just richen it up?

Welcome to the forum Dent.......the cylinders on our skis run hotter on the first and last , so they put richer jets in ,and you can turn the sdjusting screws the same amount in or out, makes it easier to remember and tune, if you ran all the same jets across the board you just have to richen them up a little by turning them out a little more, but for some it can get confusing, you can just richen them up .......if it doesnt respond well let us know....did you do a compression check, that and a reed inspection at the very least...

im glad there are quite a few old school guys on here. i got the itch this time last year and kinda fell into this ski. i love it except when i take into Tampa bay which gets really rough. it bucked me and a friend off with a damn cross wake lol and she yanked me right off since she had a death grip on my vest. oh well thats the only complaint i and a lot of others have on this thing.

Get some RIVA sponsons, you will have to look on e-bay ,they are rare, but really work good to help in the chop.......

ok thanks. sorry i have so many questions on this. ive done a lot of searches for mods to get some more speed out of it. currently it has a R&D intake grate and rideplate, riva steering nozzle, umi steering, solas impeller(not sure on the specs), pump cone, flame arrestors, choke removed, and premix conversion. i understand i can put a nozzle from a 98-99 gp1200 to help, but ive seen people list 2 different numbers for it. i will check later today to make sure it doesnt have one already. im also looking for a stock intake grate to test out since im sure they are cheap.

Questions and answers are what make this forum great keep em coming

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    the 5* nozzle is stamped 65U-10 on top right where the steering nozzle bolts on.

Are you still running oil injection? those pumps dump so much oil down the carbs at idle that you can get a bog from it. that's why our ski's last forever, and also throw out a nice smokescreen in no wake zones

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information