900 ZXI Vibration problems...Prop or engine...or?

I have a 95 ZXI that is vibrating bad at around 3000 rpm's. I also have a 96 so I know there is gonna be some vibration, but this vibration will numb your feet and also will not go above 30...barely plans.... I replaced the spark plugs and it still has the same problem. Motor seems to run fine as far as rpm's, but it does not have any power.... Almost like when you have seaweed in the grate... I have cleared out the grate, at least on the outside. They are in the water, so I have not taken the grate off to see if anything is inside.... But my question is.. Would something inside the grate blocking the prop cause it to vibrate excessively, or does this sound like a motor issue maybe top end...? I am the original owner and everything is stock. I have had no issues with either machine other than the trim, until now. Thanks in advance...

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    check the pump..likely something wrapped around the driveshaft..crap lodged against the pump stator is hard to see without pulling it . Check the pump bearing while you are in there..they might be gone. for a quick check, pull the tailcone and see if rusty water comes out. Full check requires pump removal.

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    check the pump..likely something wrapped around the driveshaft..crap lodged against the pump stator is hard to see without pulling it . Check the pump bearing while you are in there..they might be gone. for a quick check, pull the tailcone and see if rusty water comes out. Full check requires pump removal.
    Thanks, I'll check that.... On a side note thought I am getting good water pressure out of the coolant outlet on the side... Would it still be the pump? Sorry, I don't know much about them, but I forgot to add that in the original description and wasn't sure if this would change anything....

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    if the pump is restricted in any way, it will certainly reduce cooling water flow. given that..pull the pump now for a full inspection

Thread Information