Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Supercharger not kicking in until about 30 mph???

Hello,
    I have a 2005 Sea Doo GTX Limited, and just had the supercharger rebuilt at about 90 hours at the end of April. Nothing was wrong, and I just did it when I found out about what could happen. The Sea Doo has never given me any trouble, and I have always had it serviced yearly. I did buy it new, by the way, and it's only been in fresh water. Anyways, I used it at the lake on Memorial Weekend after the rebuild and it ran great. This past Saturday, the second time being used since the rebuild, I took it to the lake again, and at first it ran fine. However, it then started to not have the "kick" that it usually does when you fully press the throttle. Normaly, from rest, it takes off like a bat out of $#&&, but now it won't "kick in" until about 30 mph. It seems to me that this might be associated with the supercharger, but I could be wrong, as I am no mechanic. It doesn't really sputter on the way up to 30 mph, but just doesn't have the thrust that it normally does. Right at about 30 mph however, you can feel the thrust kick in. Also, as long as you are going 30 mph or greater, the thrust will kick in when you push the throttle. It only seems to lag when you going less than 30 mph and push the throttle. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I took it to the dealer where I bought it and had the supercharger rebuilt, but would love to hear from you guys before I just accept what they tell me. It will be next week before they even get around to looking at it, with this being a holiday week. Thanks in advance!

David Wilson

+1
    Have you changed the plugs lately???

+1
    Could be crap in the jetpump.

I know that they have been changed, but not sure when last. I usually tell them to do what is needed when I get a yearly service done. Could the plugs change the performance so quickly? It was running great one second, then acting up the next second.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by viperbyte View Post
    I know that they have been changed, but not sure when last. I usually tell them to do what is needed when I get a yearly service done. Could the plugs change the performance so quickly? It was running great one second, then acting up the next second.
    Yes they could. Change them and report back.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    When its Boosted at 30 mph hows the throttle response then, is it soggy? is it good? When its ON Boost and you release the gas a little THEN hit it again, Does theSki respond?

Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    When its Boosted at 30 mph hows the throttle response then, is it soggy? is it good? When its ON Boost and you release the gas a little THEN hit it again, Does theSki respond?
    Yes, as long as you are going at or over the 30 mph mark, it seems to operate normal with awesome thrust.

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Then i recommend following SNOWMAN's suggestion.....Lets us know

+1
    Change the plugs, I bet its a jet pump issue- maybe something is stuck in it or wear ring is bad. My old gsx did this and it was the clamp on the carbon seal rubber boot was loose- it would suck air in until I hit 25-30 and then it would take off. Just some stuff to look at.

+1
    I bought an 06 RXP and it has done the same thing since I bought it. Pulls pretty good off the launch but the thrust really kicks in mid RPM or around 30-40. Never thought much of it, since it runs so well. I assume thats normal for anything that has centrifugal forced induction, it wouldn't build full boost right away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information