+1

July 4th, be careful!!

There will be more boats out on the water than at any other time of the year according to American boating.org:

"SACRAMENTO – The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary is urging all boaters to use extra caution while boating during the upcoming July 4th holiday. The 4th of July, along with Memorial Day and Labor Day, typically account for more than one third of all boating related accidents and fatalities."

Always look behind you and beside of you, be aware who is near to you...If you're letting kids ride your skis, make sure they stay away from any other jetski, dock or boat! This is when the majority of accidents happen. Be careful!

+1
    We've learnt to stay grounded on those holidays. There're just to many 'stunt' boaters/riders out there.

+1
    Bunch of yahoos and tools out there just like on Memorial Day. We spot up near a no wake zone, but they fly through it like its not there... then give you an attitude if you say something. On the other hand, it does make for great entertainment as long as no one gets hurt.

+1
    I just hang at the pool on these special days. Between the boat ramp stuff and dodging AHs leave me out of it. Ride on the 3rd and 5th.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    I just hang at the pool on these special days. Between the boat ramp stuff and dodging AHs leave me out of it. Ride on the 3rd and 5th.
    No way...I got some racing to do. We have a special point that we can go to and there will be a crap load of jetskis for me to go up against. This is gonna be a great Fourth! I just got another couple of pieces to try from JD1 and cannot wait to test them.

+1
    I live on a very big lake and we see all manner of boats & skis on the Independance day ... if weather is good. Yep got to have all senses on high alert when out on the 4th. My wish for all of you is to be safe !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    No way...I got some racing to do. We have a special point that we can go to and there will be a crap load of jetskis for me to go up against. This is gonna be a great Fourth! I just got another couple of pieces to try from JD1 and cannot wait to test them.
    Have fun, but be careful out there.

Thread Information