On Lake Wisconsin today... Is this an ocean!!?? OMG the waves why???

I was on lake wisconsin/wisconsin river and wow those were some waves. I dont ride standup so I was with my girlfriend and it was pretty unpleasant experience. IDK if its because of all the flooding or what but it wasnt very windy so idk if its always like that or not. We made the trip up there because all the places around home are no wake or closed . Im regretting going there now. The river was even bad. Is the river usually choppy there? I want to ride the fox river near chain o lakes is this a pleasant fairly smooth ride? Where do you recommend me ride im near Rockford but dont like the Rock.

Banned User
    +1
    Come on. Waves are fun. Flat water is boring. Lake Michigan for me tomorrow!!!

Yeh but when there all over the place and their huge and arent rollers then its a pain in the ass

Would you recommend we try lake michigan we were gonna go there today bender or winthrop harbor but i heard the winds would be too bad. Are they more of rollers in michigan then just a bunch of whitecaps that toss you. And are there calm days on michigan? Where do you suggest we go? I just have a Kawasaki 750SS and me and my girlfriend go on it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by golferdude View Post
    Would you recommend we try lake michigan we were gonna go there today bender or winthrop harbor but i heard the winds would be too bad. Are they more of rollers in michigan then just a bunch of whitecaps that toss you. And are there calm days on michigan? Where do you suggest we go? I just have a Kawasaki 750SS and me and my girlfriend go on it.
    im in Edgerton, one day when the dame lakes Open up lates go for a ride, i usually ride Kegonsa in Stoughton.

+1
    If your by Rockford then try Starved Rock State park....That is on the Illinois River which is usually pretty nice..we ride there at least a couple times a year and its always been pretty good..lots of sandy shoreline,free launching....

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    If your by Rockford then try Starved Rock State park....That is on the Illinois River which is usually pretty nice..we ride there at least a couple times a year and its always been pretty good..lots of sandy shoreline,free launching....
    Where do you launch and there is a dam and lock at starved rock and a dam and lock at marsailles (bell islamd) im looking on google earth. Can u go through these locks? Im looking at riding south of starved rock it looks like no dams you have to deal with for quite awhile.

+1
    Pretty sure chain is closed. Water too high. Water is very rough on weekends. When it opens, Better on the river south of the locks. Still, lots of places to stop.
    Like sno stated, east of starved rock on IL. River pretty good.
    Suprised Lake Wisconsin was that bad? Never been there.

What is the riding distance dam to dam?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
    Pretty sure chain is closed. Water too high. Water is very rough on weekends. When it opens, Better on the river south of the locks. Still, lots of places to stop.
    Like sno stated, east of starved rock on IL. River pretty good.
    Suprised Lake Wisconsin was that bad? Never been there.

What is the riding distance dam to dam?
    Yeh i guess the winds were really bad that day it didnt seem like it but it was unbearable when u got to the lake part off the wisconsin river. wont be goin back there. We only went there cuz everythings closed around us fox river, chain, delavan, geneva,rock river...etc.

Your in belvidere thats not far at all then. You normally ride the fox and chain? We have not tried it heard it was awesome.

K

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by golferdude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Where do you launch and there is a dam and lock at starved rock and a dam and lock at marsailles (bell islamd) im looking on google earth. Can u go through these locks? Im looking at riding south of starved rock it looks like no dams you have to deal with for quite awhile.
    IF you launch in the state park like we do and go south west you have no locks or dams till Peoria....

Thread Information