Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2000 Genesis start button doesn't work

My 2000 genesis carb model won't turn over. The start/stop button isn't working. The battery shows 13.4 volts. When I push the start button nothing happens, the engine doesn't turn over nor will the MFD recycle.
    I replaced the solenoid, no change. Is there a fuse or something I'm missing?
    I took the start/stop button apart and touch the red and yellow with red stripe together and nothing happened.

Thanks
    Randy

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Click on the link in my signature. Everything you need to troubleshoot your issue is there!

Sounds like the Start Stop module may be bad, or your MFI is locked.

Thanks Ghost the MFD displays all info and will recycle when you push the second button from the bottom (on the display)
    I only found one electrical box on the right side of the hull and check the 4 fuses. Is the start/stop module in that box and is that different then the LS 505 module. Do you have a picture of the start/stop module?
    I'm in Orange Beach Al and can't find anyone that will work on a Polaris, so I need some help badly
    Thanks
    Randy

+1
    THe LR 505 is the start stop module. Not sure where it is located on the 00 Genesis. In my 99 it is in the forward electrical box inside the front hatch, behind the access panel. I believe the 00+ are located behind the MFD. Could be wrong.

-Brad

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Recently had to replace a LR505 because the regulator side was out on it. If you find the start stop/side is bad, don't throw it away. As parts get harder to find, we may see the we can double up 2 LR505 and keep the skis running. Or maybe K447 has a idea of one of the more common skis that use something like the start/stop that could be used in place of that side.

Banned User
    +1
    I see no reason why you couldn't get rid of the start/stop module and wire up a conventional switch like used on the MSX as well as on the earlier skis. If I had a Genesis or Virage I would be doing it that way.

+1
    Anyone have any bad start stop modules they want to donate to science? Id like to see if they are repairable.

Ghost, if I can pick your brain and get this ski back running. I'll be glad to donate my module to you
    Thanks
    Randy

Keddano where did you get your LR-505?
    Thanks
    Randy

+1
    Irish Wake, I'm over In Niceville, FL. I was told there is a shop in Orange Beach that can repair the EMMs in the injected polaris models. The guy never gave me a name of the shop tho. Might be worth it to track that shop down and then see if they know someone who can work on your ski. There is a Polaris dealer on 331 in Freeport, FL. Distinctive Cycles is the name. They may be able to help also.

I have an 01 Genesis 1200 carbd. I'd be more than willing to help you with your ski if you get it over my way. I had to replace the LR module in mine. I picked it up off ebay from Marto Motorsports.

Ghost, I have my fried LR that you can have. I peeled/broke most of the black casing off to see what makes it tick.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information