Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Where is the best place to mount a 10" subwoofer?

I bought a 10" clarion subwoofer for my new boat..

Where would the best place to mount it in my new speedster 150?

I want to make sure i dont harm any wiring or the gas tank!

THanks

Also pictures would be great..

Brian

The easiest place would be as shown in the first photo. That is all empty storage space in there, and somewhere in there is where your amp will end up anyway. It just might not be acoustically perfect there though, because it is forward of where anybody would be sitting (plus, I wonder if it would vibrate the hell out of the instrument display?).

The most ideal place, in my opinion, would be as shown in the second photo. It would still be easy to run wires there, and besides the throttle/gear cables, it is also empty space.

Remember, to put in a sub, means you’ve got to have an amp, and an amp + sub means you might have to consider a heartier battery.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sub1.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	407.9 KB 
ID:	17975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sub2.JPG 
Views:	185 
Size:	468.2 KB 
ID:	17976  
    Last edited by VX1; 03-04-2007 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Larger font

THose are some nice speakers.. what are they?and what size are they?

Dont you think that mounting the subwoofer that close to the radio would cause the CD player to skip..

I was thinking about on the other side facing the driver!

They are Polk Momo MMC650 6 1/2s, I got off Ebay for $100. Very happy with them. I thought I was going to have to add a sub before I put these in. Easy installation, but I did have to drill all new holes.

Good thinking about the CD skipping, I was worrying about shaking the instruments too much, but the CD skipping would be worse of a problem. I like your idea about the other side facing the driver. Quite a bit more wire to run through you ski locker to get there, but probably the best option.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sub3.JPG 
Views:	246 
Size:	389.2 KB 
ID:	17996  

Is the gas tank located on that side behind that fiberglass?

What kind of radio are you using..? Im looking for something with a wired remote so i can control the radio from the drivers side

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    you guys are killing me... this thread is making me want to get one of these little boats, so much fun

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    you guys are killing me... this thread is making me want to get one of these little boats, so much fun
    Steve,

Im still gonna try this on my ski.. No sub tho . I need me some tunes on the water..

Gas tank? No the gas tank is right behind and under the three forward facing seats. The gas filler cap is on that side, but is farther back, even to where the tank is. I'm 99.7% sure it's just empty space at your proposed location, but to find out for sure, you could go onto Sea-Doo's site and go into their parts locator. You will be able to bring up schematics of every part of the boat.

As far as radio information, refer to my radio thread (which I see you've already found):

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18809

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar

Polk Momo Speakers?

Why did you have to drill new holes to install the polk Momo Speakers? I noticed that the polks have several different staggered mounting holes around them. Was it because they are slightly wider then the stock clarions? I realy wanna get a pair of these for my 06 Sportster. What model clarion radio came with your new boat? Thanks for any info....You gotta sweet lookin ride

Thanks, holdnon, though pretty easy to say since we own sister ships!

No, believe it or not, the Momos are smaller that the stock Clarions. Well, still 6-1/2ís, but where the holes are, itís a smaller circumference. The Momos even came a little close to not covering up the old holes (but it did). Polk has some 6-3/4Ē speakers; I was thinking while installing that I bet those would fit easily with no cutting fiberglass. Another quarter inch may not sound like much, but in surface area... thatís a good bit more bass.

Donít sweat drilling new holes though. Drilling through fiberglass is like going through paper. Just drill a smaller hole than you think you need at first and work your way up to the right drill bit. The worst thing you could do is drill too large a hole, where the screw wonít stay in place.

The stock radio was the Clarion M255. Just sold that sucker for $60.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information