hole shot kit feedback

Hi guys i am going to put a hole shot kit in my 2007 gp1300r , i have read up on all the threads regarding it but would like to know weather there are any known issues ? ie , valve blocking then exhaust melting . Can a small pisser be put on after the valve so i can tell if it still functioning or will this take away too much water to cool the exhaust at high RPMs? Any feed back would be great . Thanks

+1
    Hello zacc300, I just ordered my Jet Works Hole Shot kit from Richard @ WFO performance. I have an 08 GP 1300, with 35 hours on its. Like many, it's a pig out of the hole. Top end is find @ 68 mph on my gps. But the hole shot is very sad ... I have been CC racing and I never get a hole shot start ... and have to battle my way to the front before running out of laps. Richard is sending me the kit and swears by them. He said the process of how the valve works & the simple design of the installation are a no brainer. I have been told that I only have to make sure to jolt the throttle every once & while if I plan or have to idle for long periods of time like in No-Wake zones. But sense the setting is around 3500 rpms, when the valve kicks in and water flows that is only about 15 to 20 mph so no real problem ... I do not even cruze around much @ that low speed. zacc300, correct me if I am wrong but you will be riding in salt water? I am not sure how you make sure the valve flushes out .... send Richard, a pm and ask him directly all your concerns ... he is by far the go to Yamaha GPR guy hear is USA. Good Luck

+1
    yea could I get the info on that salt water flush of the valve since I am both salt and fresh

I have been reading a few threads on how to install the hole shot kit and am a little confused about some thing . It says the kit will require to drill and tap 1/8 npt . I know about the npt but 1/8 seems very small like 3.75mm , this is for the water fittings . Am i missing some thing in reading the threads ? please enlighten me .

+1
    1/8th npt is bigger than it seems its like 3/8ths of an inch. Dunno how they measure it

Quote Originally Posted by fivespeedsteed View Post
    1/8th npt is bigger than it seems its like 3/8ths of an inch. Dunno how they measure it

1/8" inside diameter.

Thanks guys.

+1
    Hello kit came Wed. 3rd ... I hope to have installed this weekend .. wilet you know all that I learn regarding performance & so forth!

Thread Information