Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What and whose impeller for???

What and whose impeller would you guys run with these mods on the 04 GTX SC?

R&D Power Plenum air filter kit (short runner) maybe changing to ?
    R&D Aquavein intake grate
    R&D 2.5 degree nozzle wedge kit
    R&D G-Force Sponsons
    PPG Non-res Power Pipe
    PPG 1st re-pitch/stock imp still hitting 7650RPM`s very quickly.
    ND IXU27`s
    Riva Block offs.

Can you also explain the numbers and size differences ie: 12/20R Solas?

I`m also looking to upgrade to the vortech imp over the winter months and to see if I can install the intercooler with this set-up, if that will work without changing electronics or internal engine parts... Thanks...PR...

+1
    you might be leaning out your motor...I would be VERY carefull playing with the air system especially with a stock GTX ecu....Look for a used RXP ecu...if you don't want to spen the $$$ on a rotax unit...At least with the RXP ecu you get a little more room to modify...
    If you are looking for speed...Get rid of the intake grate and go back to stock....As well as the wedge...What the wedge actually does is dig the ass end of your boat into the water while it lifts the front up...Drop those two mods and you should pick up 1 mph...
    You definately will not be able to install the intercooler without the rotax ecu...You will fry your motor if you are not carefull..

Wow! I don`t have any probs with this set-up, plugs look good. Some have suggested that I am sucking in heat from the short runner R&D power plenum filter kit and that I would be better off going back to the stock plumming and airbox. Glenn over at PPG knows of this set-up when I was choosing the Power Pipe. I wasn`t going to use the blower fan to force air into the box, just to circulate more cool air into the hull. Exactly why can`t I use the RR intercooler if it`s purpose is to cool down the in-coming air charge, why would this lean out the engine? The reasons I have installed the R&D grate and wedge was to intentionally raise the bow, for a dryer ride and the grate was for rougher water conditions where we ride. The Bays are almost never really smooth. I am not complaining of the speeds we have already. I am looking for a good prop to suit the mods that I do have, any suggestions?...PR...

+1
    Hi Andy,
    The best impeller for your current level of mods would be a Solas 13/20. That would more than likeley keep you off the rev limiter.
    If you are running against the rev limiter more than likely you are giving up speed. Sounds like PPG took too much pitch out of your prop.
    Another thing you will notice with the Solas is your acceleration will be MUCH stronger.

Going with the Vortech SC impeller makes for a big difference in acceleration and will also add 100 RPM's, or so on your top end which would probably mean a repitch of your solas (more pitch added)
    I would be happy to do this for you!
    The biggest problem you are facing is your stock GTX ECU. I would not recommend running the Vortech without a minimum of a stock RXP ECU. (there are plenty out there for sale from the guys that went with the RR ECU.)
    You run a real danger of running lean with the stock GTX ECU. You also mentioned adding an intercooler, but again, you would need a minimum of a stock RXP ECU. The intercooler is a power maker and adding power means needing more fuel to make that power and the stock GTX ECU just cant deliver.
    Another plus with going with the RXP ECU is you get an 8200 RPM rev limit.
    If it's top speed you desire i strongly recommend you switch your driveshaft out to the RXT driveshaft and then run a RXP prop. I recommend a Solas 14/19. You will also need an RXP wear ring to complete the conversion. Several people have gone this route and report gains of nearly 2 mph.

So to sum it up I think you are on the right track, but this is what I suggest you do for your setup.
    1) Buy a used RXP ECU (preferably RR ECU)
    2) Change out driveshaft to a RXT shaft and get a Solas 14/19 impeller.
    3) Install a Vortech SC Impeller
    4) Install an external intercooler

With just these bolt on mods your ski will be hauling serious ass with blistering acceleration.

Thank You very much Jerry! I understand more power/more fuel and the programmed mapping of the stock ecu is inadequate. So basically what I can do is step up to the 13/20 solas and use that while I consider getting the RXP pieces. Will the extended rpm range with the RXP or RR ecu break any stock engine components such as valve train or the cast pistons? I don`t know their threshold. Would the RXP or RR ecu be plug and play? or are there other fuel enrichment or larger injectors needed. I understand your needs for your ported head with the added flow characteristics. I look at your build up often and just think holy sh!t!!! You`ve taken your craft a long way... Thanks again for your time and wisdom, I`ll be poking around here for the part #`s and the how too`s...PR...

If you use a used ECU does it retain the old memory from the craft in which it came? ie; hours or does the hour meter get zero`d somehow?

and vise versa, does a new ECU automatically start at 0 hours? Thanks...

+1
    Check with Red Devil here on the forum. He is running the exact setup i described with the stock valvetrain/pistons. He is running 71+ MPH
    You can run your stock injectors.

Yes, a donor ECU would retain the hours of the donor ski.

By the way, my friend has a bone stock 04 GTX SC. We put my stock RXP ECU in it and it gained nearly 2 mph

2 miles from the added rpms? anyways that`s awsome! Will def look into this!...PR...

Palerider I got the best top speed with my GTX with the 4-tec 16-21 swirl from SKAT-TRAK,it's a three blade they make. I have the Riva Stage 1 kit and this prop had better top speed than the 13\20R that came with the kit.

Rocketman, what is done to your ski?...PR...

Pale Rider,I have the Riva Stage one which includes the Power Filter kit.it came with the Solas 13\20R prop but i switched to the three blade,OPAS removed a 2 degree wedge and the vortech impeller.I have also modified the water box.It will GPS 68 MPH on its best day consistantly runs 67. It would outrun my RXT when it was stock.
    I also have the R&D intake grate,I had a riva on it but I switched it to the RXT also have the blow off valve for SC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information