Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Modding RXP 04'

+1

Modding RXP 04'

So I will be buying a 2004-2005 RXP in the next few weeks or the off season. I'm thinking about going with the following mods:

Riva Power Filter Kit
    Top Loader Intake Grate
    Pump Wedge
    14/19 Impeller
    Pump Wedge
    O.P.A.S Block Off
    Riva Sponsons
    Rebuild SC'er with 200hr Rebuild Kit

What do you guys think? I'm looking at gaining some speed but not looking to do anything major to the engine internally. I just want a little edge over the stock ski. I'm coming from a 2001 GP1200R.

+1
    You might want to look in replacing the valves and flywheel bolts first.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperCharged67 View Post
    So I will be buying a 2004-2005 RXP in the next few weeks or the off season. I'm thinking about going with the following mods:

Riva Power Filter Kit junk get a fizzle 4" kit
    Top Loader Intake Grate pick one that matched you water condditions
    Pump Wedge idk some like it some dont, me i didnt care for how it made the ski handle
    14/19 Impeller yea this is good once you do a few basic mods, tho you could get away with the stocker and some tweeking the leading edge. Also get a new wear ring its a good idea
    Pump Wedge
    O.P.A.S Block Off Get the good full length ones
    Riva Sponsons a waste imo, unless you want to CC race.
    Rebuild SC'er with 200hr Rebuild Kit again this is a good idea, but you might want to look into getting a xcharger or drop in wheel to since u have it apart. how many hours are on it?

What do you guys think? I'm looking at gaining some speed but not looking to do anything major to the engine internally. I just want a little edge over the stock ski. I'm coming from a 2001 GP1200R.

If you're leaning towards speed, I'd hold off a while on the wedge, sponsons and block-offs. Put that money towards any other bolt-ons etc for actual speed gains. Opinions vary on those types of items...my opinion is that after owning mine for almost 7yrs, I still haven't found a reason to buy those items.

Banned User
    +1
    I think you can look at imposter, boost a holic, green bullet, blk turbo, myself and see we're all running very similar setups. I would say r&d grate, external ic, x charger, 48lb injectors, riva rear air or 4" fizzle would be first. You don't need sponsons. These stockers will toss you in a heartbeat. It's like asking what's better ford or Chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post
    You don't need sponsons. These stockers will toss you in a heartbeat.

+1
    Alright. So I will go with a 4" fizzle kit.
    What's a good grate for flat water?
    What handling difference does the wedge make?
    Looks like I'm going 14/19 impeller.
    What would be good OPAS block offs?
    Stocker sponsons

How is a X Charger and 48lbs injectors going to effect reliability. I would probably do a ET127 drop in wheel.

The Riva grate is fast and gives good traction without much drag...the better traction will make you feel faster since you won't be coming unhooked so easily/often as the stock one. It's just not recommended for 80mph +

42s are good for x charger, especially if you're not doing external IC. I have over 190hrs with my x charger and 42s with an external IC...the main key for engine reliability is that you continue to spin the stock RPMs (stock ECU).

+1
    Riva it is... How are you doing fuel wise? Much worse? I am keeping the stock ECU. The ski will have roughly 130HRS

My fuel economy is only noticeably decreased when I'm sitting on multiple WOT passes (which is to be expected). But cruising around fuel economy is very tolerable.

You should monitor your fuel if you go with an external IC also. Otherwise, you're very safe there.

+1
    I'll be passing on the SC'er then, I like speed but I like fuel economy more.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information