Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2003 GTX SC acceleration question

I purchased this 2003 GTX SC last year. When at a stop and I floor it the revs go to the limiter and just bounce there for probly a sec or two then the ski will take off. Is this the way sc work. Are they not instant and you have to spool the sc (it's not a turbo so this makes no since to me)? What I have to do is ease into the throttle in order to not be at a stand still from the begining.

Thanks,
    Krummel21

I forgot to add that I have a 2003 rx di and that kills the gtx sc out of the hole right when I hit the gas the thing pulls. Are two strokes more for response and sc for speed or is there just something wrong with my sc?

If there isn't do more people use the 2 strokes for wave jumping since when I do it anyway I approach the wave and then accelerate up it like a catipole found this was how I got the most air in either.

Thanks,
    Krummel21

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Krummel, welcome to the forum my friend. Sounds like you need to check out your wear ring in the pump and either flip it or replace it. If thats the problem, which i belive it is, you will see a drastic improvement in performance all around.

+1
    seems like your cavitating....check the wear ring & prop for damage.

+1
    The SCs on these skis spool pretty much instantly so you'll never have to worry about lag.

i have a 03 gtx sc the pumps are made of plastic & a wear ring will wear out in less than 10 hrs or so best thing 2 do if u want 2 keep the ski is 2 get a later modle 04 or a 05 GTX metal pump & replace that 03 plastic pice of $H#T

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    i have a 03 gtx sc the pumps are made of plastic & a wear ring will wear out in less than 10 hrs or so best thing 2 do if u want 2 keep the ski is 2 get a later modle 04 or a 05 GTX metal pump & replace that 03 plastic pice of $H#T
    I don't know about wearing out in 10 hours but YJ is 100% correct , that plastic pump is garbage. THe aluminum ones are easier to work on and the wear ring lasts a lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    I don't know about wearing out in 10 hours but YJ is 100% correct , that plastic pump is garbage. THe aluminum ones are easier to work on and the wear ring lasts a lot longer.
    yea i bought my 03 gtx sc with 30 hrs on it ran it a little & she spun out the hole put a new wear ring in her & by 40 hrs the wear ring was wore out again i do pull a few tubes mabe that help a little another route is put the rxp pump, rxt drive shaft in like i did

Thanks guys for all the help, what is the cost of all the parts needed to get this thing back to the way it should be?

Can I see the pump being broke or do you have to take it apart to know that?

All I would have to do is replace the pump with an 04 or 05 aluminum pump and wear ring and that would fix it I wouldn't have to replace anything else? Is this a pretty easy job, I have a lot of experience working on cars which I understand is different but I'm not afraid of doing the work myself if it's not a huge task.

Thanks alot for your help,
    Krummel21

Quote Originally Posted by krummel21 View Post
    Thanks guys for all the help, what is the cost of all the parts needed to get this thing back to the way it should be?

Can I see the pump being broke or do you have to take it apart to know that?

All I would have to do is replace the pump with an 04 or 05 aluminum pump and wear ring and that would fix it I wouldn't have to replace anything else? Is this a pretty easy job, I have a lot of experience working on cars which I understand is different but I'm not afraid of doing the work myself if it's not a huge task.

Thanks alot for your help,
    Krummel21
    Krummel21, the pump is cheezy easy to remove / install, equally so is the wear ring.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information