Should I pull the motor??? gp1300r

So Im putting in a new stator in my 05 gr1300r, wondering if it might be quicker to pull the whole motor, or just see how flexible my arms really are.. what would you do??? any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks.. .CHEERS!!!!!

+1
    Ive done it in the boat a bunch of times

if you pull just the U pipe, you can get in there

rotate the U pipe counter clockwise once its loose to get it free

also be sure to take inventory of all the pieces in there, especially the spring and washer for the starter bendix

thanks, was hoping to hear that, other than high temp silicone and the solder and shrink wrap for the wires, anything else i should need? new gaskets? would like to have everthing i could need before tearing into it. thanks... CHEERS!!!!

+1
    if you dont have the oil injection block off now would be a good time. it isnt a matter if it will fail it is a matter of when. Pre mixing is cheap insurance.

already done thanks....

+1
    just some loctite and a torque wrench

I wouldnt put silicone on anything... clean the exhaust gasket up good and put a thin layer of grease... big O ring for front cover is re-useable too

Ok well this is not going as smooth as planed... Pulled stator cover off not too difficult .. Guess what, oil and pieces of seal in there... Fml!!! Anyhoo ordered the new seals, gonna pull the motor tonight, to split the cases, can I just pull the bottom half leave the top alone? Do the bearings have those little pins that go up into the top case to hold them in the right spot for reinstallation? Gonna clean everything up nice, what would cause this? Put dial indicator on the flywheel getting absolutely no play.. Anything but a gear puller to get the love joy off the back of the crank?? Any help well be great... Not having much fun on the ol 02 seapoo GTS..

And btw, would have never knew I had a seal gone, ski ran great, I was only changing the stator because the lighting coil was not charging... I don't do anything half assed, but I'm not putting a hole new bottom end in, if not needed ,this motor is at about 55h after top to bottom rebuild..

Thread Information