Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 rxt x

2013 rxt x

My buddy just bought a brand new RXT X 260 and looking to do some mods. Trying to stay in that 2500 range. First thing is the ECU. I was originally telling him Athena was the way to go, but after the stories here about it, I am thinking V-Tech is the best solution. Then we will do a 4" intake, an ET 137 x 4 and a RRFPR. Any thoughts or suggestions for me here? Maybe a resonator delete ? What type of speeds do you think we will see with these mods? Any input would be much appreciated.

+1
    You could also do a valve train upgrade so you can spin it faster. Why hold it to 8350? I'd also throw an impellor on it. Start with a 15/20 and pitch from there.

+1
    Well you can find the same comments about both of those ecu companies. Some people have received good support from both and others have not.

Running the T-X to 8700-8800 is the sweet spot for overall performance. He can accomplish this in smart steps with complimenting mods or do it all at once and unload the big guns.

I suggest he thinks about what his real goals are first and not just throw a dollar figure at it........

4. +1 by:

Yeah, I hear ya. He is coming from an 08 RXPX that did about 75 mph. His ultimate goal is to get that same top speed from the new RXTX.

+1
    Just remember the warranty is null and void when you mod.

I'd suggest modding only the things your can swap back to stock if you have an issue.

You go too nuts modding and POP something then your going to really wish you didn't...

Rip on...

Hey Guys, I also just got a 2013 T-X and am fairly new to the PWC scene. I want to get the ski to do about 71-72 with as little money as possible. Can you help me figure out the bare minimum, cheapest & easiest way to accomplish this? I DO NOT want to flash or swap the ECU at all. I know there is a rev limiter at 8040; which I'm fine with. For now at least LOL

If I can do it with just an intake grate I'd do that, maybe intake grate & Impeller (which one for this setup?), I want to stay away from modding the motor at all though. If possible...

Now onto the list, please help me from here.

1) RIVA SCOM
    2)???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RxtRiderAZ View Post
    Hey Guys, I also just got a 2013 T-X and am fairly new to the PWC scene. I want to get the ski to do about 71-72 with as little money as possible. Can you help me figure out the bare minimum, cheapest & easiest way to accomplish this? I DO NOT want to flash or swap the ECU at all. I know there is a rev limiter at 8040; which I'm fine with. For now at least LOL

If I can do it with just an intake grate I'd do that, maybe intake grate & Impeller (which one for this setup?), I want to stay away from modding the motor at all though. If possible...

1) RIVA SCOM
    2)???
    Read this:
    Yes I can put back the original ecu and the scom unit, ski was just as fast with the $300.00 scom unit as with $1300.00 and four weeks of tuning that does not correct the problem, very upsetting
    Understood. I bought a stage 1 kit from Riva. I told them before hand that my ski went 67 on GPS and was hitting the factory rpm limiter of 8040. I asked specifically, if I'm on the rev limiter how am I going to gain speed? The parts guy says the factory tach is off by 300 rpm. So I buy the SCOM only to be stuck at 8040 rpm limit and 67 mph!!!

They wouldn't take the SCOM back but the parts manager says he would give me a credit on my next BIG order as per DAVE BAMDAS. So I left the SCOM at Riva because once you use it its married to your boat and cannot be resold. BULLSHIIIIIIT. So I feel your pain with Riva. I'm getting ready to buy a gen 3 IC and tubing kit. I am going to see what Bamdas is going to do on this deal before I blast them all over the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by dpracing View Post

1) RIVA SCOM
    2)???
    Read this:
    Yes I can put back the original ecu and the scom unit, ski was just as fast with the $300.00 scom unit as with $1300.00 and four weeks of tuning that does not correct the problem, very upsetting
    Understood. I bought a stage 1 kit from Riva. I told them before hand that my ski went 67 on GPS and was hitting the factory rpm limiter of 8040. I asked specifically, if I'm on the rev limiter how am I going to gain speed? The parts guy says the factory tach is off by 300 rpm. So I buy the SCOM only to be stuck at 8040 rpm limit and 67 mph!!!

They wouldn't take the SCOM back but the parts manager says he would give me a credit on my next BIG order as per DAVE BAMDAS. So I left the SCOM at Riva because once you use it its married to your boat and cannot be resold. BULLSHIIIIIIT. So I feel your pain with Riva. I'm getting ready to buy a gen 3 IC and tubing kit. I am going to see what Bamdas is going to do on this deal before I blast them all over the Internet.
    WOW! That's just some straight BS right there, so their website is just totally full of shit LMFAO! That is quite hilarious, and disappointing at the same time... I would seriously go bananas if that happened to me, after specifically asking the question! That's some shit that would happen to me too knowing my luck!

So in reality; am I looking at something like what you have in your sig on the 2013 to get to 72ish?

+1

1) RIVA SCOM
    2)???
    Read this:

WOW! That's just some straight BS right there, so their website is just totally full of shit LMFAO! That is quite hilarious, and disappointing at the same time... I would seriously go bananas if that happened to me, after specifically asking the question! That's some shit that would happen to me too knowing my luck!

So in reality; am I looking at something like what you have in your sig on the 2013 to get to 72ish?
    Supertech valvetrain and a 9.2k vtech flash propped to 8800+

+1

1) RIVA SCOM
    2)???
    Read this:

Yeah ain't that some shit? Even told them I was at 8040. Anyway, you definitely have to get around the rev limiter and the GPS limiter. So keep reading because there are massive problems with Athena ecu, many complaints w vtech, but some swear by them, motec is like 3500 lol,

so just to get over that 70 hump yes a reflash or v tech. There are some threads up right now with wars going on about vtech slow responses and dozens of tunes to get things right. But those dudes have highly modded skis, But on a stock ski vtech can probably get you tuned easily because you have a basically stock ski w bolt ons. I went with R&D and we're going thru some growing pains but all in all I'm happy with my ski, it accelerates better than it tops out but I'm working on it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information