Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Rende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    62
    +1
    2

    O.P.A.S Question

    Could the O.P.A.S cause a reductions in rpms and top speed on my 155 gtx 4 tec? The nipple that goes up into the O.P.A.S valve in the hull keeps popping down and sitting the hose on the pump. I can slide the hose and nipple up and down. Is it supposed to be free like that? I've noticed a reduction of 500 rpms and a loss 5 mph.


  2. #2
    wotxxxsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    3,928
    +1
    472
    ????

  3. #3
    Rende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    62
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by wotxxxsd View Post
    ????
    I guess it was a stupid question?

  4. #4
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,038
    +1
    672
    not noticably and not from the location you're talking about. The part of OPAS above the pump gets no direct outside water flow. The OPAS wings do and they will also try to kill you at some point if you ride long enough.

  5. #5
    Rende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    62
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    not noticably and not from the location you're talking about. The part of OPAS above the pump gets no direct outside water flow. The OPAS wings do and they will also try to kill you at some point if you ride long enough.
    I don't think the wings are lifting up and getting no water because when I give it throttle the nipple above the pump slides down onto the pump.

  6. #6
    imp0ster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Posts
    5,038
    +1
    672
    lifting up? You mean going side to side at low speeds? Or dropping down when you come out of the water? Either way just remove OPAS.

  7. #7
    Boost addict hotbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern WI
    Posts
    5,503
    +1
    681
    That nipple goes up and down in my skis also. The paddles can be locked in the up position also with a little enginuity.

  8. #8
    Boost addict hotbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Southern WI
    Posts
    5,503
    +1
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    lifting up? You mean going side to side at low speeds? Or dropping down when you come out of thehi water? Either way just remove OPAS.
    The 3 seaters the opas moves up and down with water pressure from the pump.

  9. #9
    Rende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    62
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    That nipple goes up and down in my skis also. The paddles can be locked in the up position also with a little enginuity.
    I'm gonna grab some PVC to lock the paddles up. I'm just wondering if that nipple should drop down as soon as I turn the ski on. Would the opas affect my rpms at all?

  10. #10
    rangermtb5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    4,473
    +1
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by imp0ster View Post
    lifting up? You mean going side to side at low speeds? Or dropping down when you come out of thehi water? Either way just remove OPAS.
    The 3 seaters the opas moves up and down with water pressure from the pump.
    Is that true of the 155 skis?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXT handling question
    By MPower in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2009, 10:04 AM
  2. 158 Thermostat question...
    By rx4pain in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 10:36 PM
  3. Oil Level question , this thing mixes me up :(
    By rxp_boy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-23-2005, 10:03 AM
  4. Question for the Hulk
    By Therock in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 07:13 AM
  5. RXP VTS Question
    By 1FastTrespiper in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •