Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2008 fx sho limited rpm issues???

Stock used machine~50 hrs...runs great, smooth, etc until the engine hits 6800 rpms, instantly drops to ~5200. I can only get ~57 mph at 6700 rpms. Engine doesn't seem to miss a beat until the magic 6800. Any possible solutions???

+1
    Sounds like a clutch failure.

+1
    Or maybe learner mode

-definetly not in learner mode to start, but after the machine hits 6800 rpms something causes the ETV to possibly close the throttle body slightly kicking it back like the end result is learner mode...I don't know it it is pressure sensor issue or what. It is consistant even when I slowly work up to 6800...something is causing the engine to disengage to a lower rpm level. After I completely release the throttle, it is like it resets and ready to rock...of course untl 6800 comes back to town!!!! Does anyone know when you jump these machines off a big wave and the supercharger is still pinned...does that cause sensory damage... Shot in the dark....it's a used machine...possibly abused. The whole ECM, TSP, ETV, ECU, electronic controlled variable ignition is completely new to simple banshee building tweaked like myself... What are some signs of a clutch not working properly on these machines??? Thanks for any clues...

Banned User
    +1
    Change the spark plugs

+1
    Could be a MAP sensor issue.

+1
    This has happened to me as well as a few friends of mine who had clutches go. On my ski I can go 57 mph GPS (sound familiar) until I start to boost at all. So basically as soon as you are out of vacuum and starting to make boost you are having this problem. This is what happens when these things go, and the fact that it is consistent makes it sound even more like it. When I have had problem with spark plugs I have never experienced this kind of consistency specific to this....more like hesitations, misfires, losing boost all of a sudden, etc...different things at different times and not as predictable.

I've been crazy busy at work, no time to ride...problem still exists. Tech diagnosed ECU and found code 44. He said it was most likely the electronic throttle system or throttle body failure somewhere in the electrical. He said he cleared the code and as soon as you hit the throttle the code came back? The engine will only run a about 500 rpm now. Anyway, hopefully the issue is pin pointed, did seem electrical so I guess that makes sense. Does any one know of a good reliable pwc mechanic north of orlando Florida lake county area? Where is the best place to buy electrical parts like this and is there any warranty? Thanks to the responses, I apologize I am hit or miss with getting on the site every week. Take care

+1
    did you find out the problem ? sensor ?

im having the same problem

my rpm's reach 8700 then all of a sudden its dropping till 8100 sometimes 7800

Not sure yet...going to work from the left front to the Throttle body, because of access issues under the intake manifold. APS to ECM to DC motor on ETV and the TPS falls in there talking to the ECM as well...just gotta keep on checking them off. I wish I had 7800 RPMs I would be on the lake right now

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information