Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Help in selecting new impeller/Wear ring question

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-POLARIS-...859159&vxp=mtr

Listing is for a new impeller for Polaris watercraft.
    4 blade design.
    Kit did not specify which models this would fit; only that the machine needs to be at least 110-130 HP to use this impeller.
    Instructions state that installation will void warranty.
    I belive this will fit some 750 models from a little research- but all info was vague so I cannot be sure.
    For fitment questions regarding your specific model, please contact your local Polaris dealer.
    Kit part #: 2871424
    Impeller part #: 5131125

Looking to replace impeller on '01 SLX

Or should I just go with a Solas Concord PA-CD-15/21, or a re-manufactured, factory original, Polaris 5132707?
    Last edited by Fink; 07-05-2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Changed title to reflect wear ring questions

Banned User
    +1
    What prop do you have now? I highly recommend the Polaris 707. If you have a 707 now, send it to Impros, they repair them and restore them to OEM specs.

+1
    I'll assume it is the original 5132707 that is specified in the parts diagrams for the ski. What is their turn around time? I want to be on the water next weekend.

Banned User
    +1
    Probably won't get it that fast. They turned mine around in a week, but that was in the off season.

+1
    Probably going to end up getting a new impeller, then send mine out so I have one ready to go next time I screw one up

Any reason in particular you would go with the factory prop over the Solas?

Banned User
    +1
    The 707 is a great all around prop. Awesome holeshot, doesn't sacrifice top end. The Nujet 7.0 and the Polaris 202 props don't holeshot for crap in my opinion. The skat style props are great for takeoff, but some people report a slight loss in top speed. There isn't too much info on here about the Solas props for Polaris. The Yamaha guys love them. Maybe Doug can chime in here. He seems to have a lot of experience with different props.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    What prop do you have now? I highly recommend the Polaris 707. If you have a 707 now, send it to Impros, they repair them and restore them to OEM specs.
    Have any contact info for Impros?

Would it be worth it to have the impeller etc. polished? http://semo.craigslist.org/boa/3833372922.html

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Have any contact info for Impros?

Would it be worth it to have the impeller etc. polished? http://semo.craigslist.org/boa/3833372922.html
    http://impros.com/store/index.php/se...er-repair.html

For what it's worth, I would go with the 707 as well. Dave is the owner of IMPRO's. Tell him you want the Worx!!

+1
    My main interest in a Solas is cost. I can get a Solas impeller, already polished, for under $200, while the factory 707s are going for $300.

Also, is the Nujet The Destroyer Impeller PL-A7.0 the Nujet 7.0 being referred in previous replies?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fink View Post
    My main interest in a Solas is cost. I can get a Solas impeller, already polished, for under $200, while the factory 707s are going for $300.

Also, is the Nujet The Destroyer Impeller PL-A7.0 the Nujet 7.0 being referred in previous replies?
    Yes, that would be the 7.0 (PL-A7-O) for your SLX.

As far as the Solas goes, I only used one once. It was for my triple piped TX so I can't offer any feedback in a stock application. I ran it 2 days and immediately pulled it out for a Nu Jet. My riding is flat water and I wanted the highest top speed I could squeeze out of it. The Solas didn't offer me that and I didn't want to spend the time and money playing with pitching it 4 times for testing.

Not many people seem to use them. When it comes to Polaris, stock or modified, most of us turn to two different options. If we care more about unmatched acceleration with decent top speed, we'll go with a Skat swirl. If we care a little less about acceleration and a little better top speed, we'll go with the Nu Jet.

If your ski is stock and you're looking for the best all-around compromise, send the 707 to Dave at Impros and see if someone can lend you a prop for next weekend.

I'm not saying the Solas is no good, just saying that getting that kind of specific feedback in a Polaris application may be tricky. There are even more options (impeller styles) out there, but stick with what we all have tried and know to work well.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information