Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2001 polaris genesis 1200 fuel injected

Hey guys im having problems with my ski, max speed was about 22 mph, i got new plugs and my fuel pressure was reading 0 psi, fixed the fuel pressure and its now at 21 psi, now the max speed is 34 mph. A friend of mine had a similar issue with his ski and it turned out to be the reeds, i bought new reeds but i have no idea how to change them out, does anyone have instructions on how to properly replace them? thank you

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    You need to diagnose the problem rather than guessing.

See my signature links for useful info, especially regarding the Ficht fuel injection system.

Correct spark plugs installed?

Are all three cylinders getting equally warm?

Any warning message on the display? Reverse, Check Engine, HOT, etc?

Hey guys so an update even after fixing the fuel pressure i was still only able to get 4100 rpms and about 20 mph. I took my ski to a polaris shop and they said it was the tps, i installed the everlude tps part #5001793 and it is a very notciable difference but will only go 32 mph with 4800 rpms. Another thing, at a certain spot with the throttle about half the engine catches and will hit about 4700 rpms then when i go to full throttle the rpms drop to about 4000 then climb back to 4800. no check engine light, im going to do a compression check because the third cylinder wasnt as hot as the first two, any ideas of what it could be?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by J4ke1990 View Post
    Hey guys so an update even after fixing the fuel pressure i was still only able to get 4100 rpms and about 20 mph. I took my ski to a polaris shop and they said it was the tps, i installed the everlude tps part #5001793 and it is a very notciable difference but will only go 32 mph with 4800 rpms. Another thing, at a certain spot with the throttle about half the engine catches and will hit about 4700 rpms then when i go to full throttle the rpms drop to about 4000 then climb back to 4800. no check engine light, im going to do a compression check because the third cylinder wasnt as hot as the first two, any ideas of what it could be?
    The shop provided a diagnosis (TPS) without doing a compression check?

well they never actually did any tests on the ski, a mechanic listened to the symptoms and said it was most likley the tps but i wasnt charged for the info, this is the only polaris shop where i live and they stopped working on personal watercraft a couple years ago, cant find a mechanic that will diagnose it anywhere. ill post an update of the results
    Last edited by J4ke1990; 07-30-2013 at 06:35 PM.

did a compression check 142, 140, 140, also redid a fuel pressure check and it read 0, i looked in the fuel pump and the fuel pressure regulator had fallen inside, i reconnected it but still the fuel pressure tester wouldnt read any pressure. tested it in water but would only go 33 mph top speed. anyone have any ideas of whats going on?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by J4ke1990 View Post
    did a compression check 142, 140, 140, also redid a fuel pressure check and it read 0, i looked in the fuel pump and the fuel pressure regulator had fallen inside, i reconnected it but still the fuel pressure tester wouldnt read any pressure. tested it in water but would only go 33 mph top speed. anyone have any ideas of whats going on?
    Are you sure it stayed fixed?

You need to make sure you fix fuel delivery first. If you're just pushing the regulator back in, it may just be falling off again. With the ski running, use needle nose pliers to pinch off the return line and see if you get pressure. If not, it may need a fuel pump. If pressure checks good while pinching off the return line, but falls off when released, the regulator has failed again. I fixed mine with safety wire wrapped around the factory crimped hose fitting and tied back to the pump module through a small hole drilled below the gasket sealing surface. Also if fuel delivery checks out you should start with indexing the crank to check timing.

Hey guys so I pinched the return line with needle nose pliers and the fuel pressure tester read zero so I installed this fuel pump. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=290945822264. Still shows no pressure but I had the nipple pressed on the return line a gas sprayed out...I think the fuel pressure tester is bad which leads me to believe my old fuel pump was probably good, next stepnis to get a working fuel pressure tester...

Also im getting A LOT of smoke with the new fuel pump any idea why? My previous link goes nowhere so go to ebay and type in 2001 polaris genesis fuel pump should be the top one

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information