Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Exclamation 05 Rxp Riva Stage 3 Help Guys!!!

Really weird day, me and Lvnspeed were going to get some baseline numbers for my Riva Stage 3 Rxp and his Gprxp, he thought he had an ignition problem or coil sooooo, we did some coil swapping and bam!! Mine starting fouling plugs and ran like a dog just like his same symptoms!, Swapped coils, checked for fire everthing is A-OK! And checked fuses! The only problem we DID Discover was the injectors must be staying open and are pumping a sheet pile of gas into the throttle body? What do i do? Where do i go from here? Besisdes getting the gas out of the throttle body what is my fix?

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    I'm still pondering your problem man but if you got fuel in your throttlebody your ski has some serious issues! LOL. The injectors pretty much fire the fuel right into the intake port on the head.

+1

I hear ya!

I am soo pissed my ski has given me nothing but problems since i started modding it! I was rambling on my firts post but you can hear it pushing gas in when you put the key on and it is not stopping! My ski ran great but once we started swapping coils to help his we ran into problems with mine. It ran for a few minutes for marm-up ok but then it lost most of its power and acted just like his! It was really weird! This has been a really crappy day for sure. Not only did his not run but mine inherited his problem too! Once mine is figued out his is the exact same. I guess mine is going to the dealer if no one has any ideas?

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Keep your chin up. I'd hate to see you get frustrated and sell me your stage 3 for really cheap.

+1
    It sounds like he has a bad coil/s, which may have fouled his plug/s, when u swapped, it may have fouled your plug/s as well. Change your plugs, and see if that fixes your problem. As long as you didn't mix up coils with his .

+1
    I got the same prob. with a modded 03 GTX SC, Ill let you know what I find.

is your ski just have no midrange pull and 600 or so rpm's missing?

+1

Guys!

THe dang thing ran like a top until we swapped 1 coil to the Gprxp to get it running right! It didn't help the GPRXP so we pulled it back off and put it back in mine! This is where it got interesting? It ran fine when i put it back in the water for warm up, went to get a wot run and she fell flat on her face! Starts running like pure sheet So we checked and sure enough number 3 was wet, cleaned her up swapped it to hole 2 and it still ran like crud! This time hole 2 was the culprit! We were like " okay easy fix" pulled one coil off of the Gprxp and ....Bam! starts fouling and running like crap again. It is a coil i just replaced and this new coil had spark? HMMMM... WTF!!!! My ski ran perfect until i pulled a coil? THe only thing she was doing was i could hear gas getting pushed into it for too long? But there was ZERO problems untill i swapped this ****er out!!! But we put it back in and still a no show. I swear to god this is so frustrating!! Now my ski sucks and his does too! If we can figure out mine his will fix too. It's like we tranfered a virus!LOL....What to do?

+1

Forgot!!

Between me and Lvnspeed we got like 9 coils, and most had spark when tested, so i can get a coil no prob, My plugs were brand new Denso's. This was there second outing so i am assuming there is no deal there? Heeeelllllllp!!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    what ECU are you running, and what ECU is scott running?

what injectors are each of you running?

when you put the key on, you ShOULD hear the fuel pump runinng...( hummmmmmmmm kinda buzzzzzzzzzz) for about 5 seconds, then it stops..

are you saying you hear liquid fuel being poured into the motor? u hear something spraying? the fuel pump is humming for extended periods?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    my opinion... go back to stock spark plugs until this gets worked out... i've seen the densos foul alot easier than stock plugs on skis a few times when working on a couple people's skis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information