2001 Virage 1200 TX has spark will crank/turn over but will not run

I have a 2001 1200 TX. It has spark will go to start it and it will just turn over. It has spark but will not run. I live in Michigan and I have called many places and they do not want to look at this machine. Someone please give me some advice on how to fix it

Cedar Rapids,Iowa
    Welcome to the hulk. On the Red engine, you need a good battery, even if it's turning the motor over and you can see a spark,under compression it may not fire. You need at least 10.6 volts on the battery while cranking. Secondly, do you know if you have fuel getting to the carbs? Need a little more to go on. Is it a new ski to you? have you ever seen it run? Where are you at in Michigan?

Check this link and you will find alot of info that may help you get a better handle on the problems.

no it is not a new ski to me. I have had it for 4 years. This happen at the end of the summer last year.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by got2play View Post
    no it is not a new ski to me. I have had it for 4 years. This happen at the end of the summer last year.

Use my signature links as a resource for further information.

Battery voltage while cranking is critical. Measured with all spark plugs in place, cranking voltage must be well above 10.6 volts.

Confirm you have spark by using a spare spark plug. Leave all three spark plugs installed as this affects the starter motor load and the battery voltage.

Spark must be a strong blue spark that fires consistently as the engine cranks. A weak yellowish spark or a spark that fires intermittently is no good.

Thread Information