Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1997 kawasaki zxi 1100 hull

I bought my zxi 1100 about a year ago with some fiberglass damage on the bottom and I tried to fix it but I didnt do it quite right.
    So now I'm looking for hull that I could use to put my engine into because i've found out that getting it fixed would be too much money.
    Additionally if you know if I could put my engine into a zxi 900 too or not please let me know or if I could put the same engine into a newer or older hull.

If you have any or know of someone who has some please let me know. My email is [email protected]

+1
    I think it would fit in the 900 hull, but I think the pump diameters are different. Don't know for certain. That's something you'd have to verify first. Not sure if the driveshaft couplings are the same or not. The parts manual can help you with that (make sure you get the 9-digit number).

Ok thanks for that. I found a 1995 zxi900. So if i find a parts manual to both of these skis look for the 9-digit number to verify and see if it will be an easy swap or not?

I did that exact swap, except it was a 900 motor to an 1100 hull. Changing the CDI box & the drives shaft were all it took.

Alright, scratch that. I found a 96 zxi 1100 which is a year older than mine, but the exact same ski. So i figure that will be an even more straight forward swap? Right?

Correct.

+1
    No, NOT correct. The '96 1100 ZXi hull was one of a kind. It had air induction ports on the bottom of the hull that were supposed to decrease drag. It also makes the hull unstable at high speed.

Kawasaki came out with a mandatory recall on these hulls that put a 'nosebowl' on the front of the hull to prevent it from unexpectedly flipping over at full speed. Make sure the hull has the plate on the front, or else find one on Ebay and put it on. Without it, that hull can hurt you!

Otherwise, the swap should be straight forward.

If you need any random 1100 parts, let me know. I'm currently parting one out!

Everything will still swap over, but he is correct on the front of the '96. I managed to find one that did not have the recall work done, and Kawasaki still did the work for free after all these years.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    No, NOT correct. The '96 1100 ZXi hull was one of a kind. It had air induction ports on the bottom of the hull that were supposed to decrease drag. It also makes the hull unstable at high speed.

Kawasaki came out with a mandatory recall on these hulls that put a 'nosebowl' on the front of the hull to prevent it from unexpectedly flipping over at full speed. Make sure the hull has the plate on the front, or else find one on Ebay and put it on. Without it, that hull can hurt you!

Otherwise, the swap should be straight forward.

That is really cool and scary as hell. Thanks for sharing Mr. Steve.

Sean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information