+1

GP1200R MAJOR Cavitation (Not Moving Anywhere)

Well I really need this fixed ASAP. I took it to the launch yesterday, and I didn't move anywhere. I can put it on WOT and I think I made it to 2MPH. I'm reving normal rpms just not moving. I just changed the pump for a pretty much new 14hr High Output pump. How am I supposed to seal the pump? If it's not sealed correctly could this be my problem? Maybe I should reseal the pump shoe? Add a pump seal kit? New midshaft? Any other suggestions? Anything would be appreciated as I really want to get this on the water as soon as I can and I want to order the parts today as I'm tired of missing time out on the water.

+1
    If the pump is not sealed right it could do that. You need to use some sort of marine sealant between all the parts. I like the 3m 4200. Also make sure you either have a pump seal kit or that the stock foam/felt pieces are all there.

+1
    I need to seal it with marine sealant. I just picked up some 3M Marine 5200. Any DIY kits for a pump plug kit?

Jefferson City MO (Ride at Lake of the Ozarks)
    +1
    I found the R&D kit well worth the bucks - saves tons of time messing around filling all those cavities.

+1
    I'm going to try sealing it today. Anyone have photos of what theirs look liked after they applied the sealant? Will it work if I seal the pump and don't do the PPK kit?

you need the ppk kit and i would recommend using the 4200 because you will play heck if you ever have to take apart again after sealing with 5200. 4200 is strong enough to seal but also gives the ability remove parts later if necessary. you need to make sure that the one piece of felt between the ride plate and the pump shoe is in tacked or that may give more problems even with using the 4200. also you need to seal every mating surface fom the intake grate to the ride plate in order to get a good seal. i used almost the entire tube on mine and pressed the parts in place and removed excess with rags and mineral spirits. when preping the parts and the hull use rags and acetone to clean the the surfaces of the tunnel and make sure the grate and pump shoe are clean. good luck

+1
    Thanks for the info Rich. My midshaft is stripped so in putting in a new midshaft and getting everything sealed properly.

Thread Information