+1

first ride in 3 years happening soon...RD Powershot controller help?

I literally didn't have batteries in these machines for 3 years...my signature has all of the info for both skis mods. Waterwoody helped me out before but I cannot for the life of me find the posts and or PMs he sent me with settings, or how to set up the controllers for that matter. I have one ski that runs like crap out of the hole throttle response wise..I will check the TPS with my YDS software...but I cant remember how to set or what settings I should be "aiming" around as a baseline for both my 1300 and 1390 lowell machines.

thanks,

Mike

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post*powershot fuel addition amount settingsgreen value * * * * * * * * 4yellow value * * * * * * * * 5.5red value * * * * * * * * 3powershot crossover position settingsgreen/blue value * * * * * * * * 0yellow/blue * * * * * * * * 4red/blue value * * * * * * * * 4*this the r&d chart for what they call both a stage one and a stage 2 gp1300r.The fuel addition portion is the same as the original controller, except it is more accurate in its adjustment as it uses led lights on a 1-9 scale, and is programmable in .5 increments. So instead of having only a 1-2 or 3 as a setting, you can use a 1.5- 2.5- 3.5 etc. Its a little more accurate and much easier to read.The crossover portion is different. You simply have a crossover that picks a rpm that turns on each of the 3 fuel addition settings.Using the 0 on the green led would turn on the fuel to that circuit immediately upon startup, or by raising the setting you could delay the addition of fuel to the rpm of your choice.I do not know how the correlation chart would be from the number on the crossover setting to the rpm it would activate at.The only setting on the chart that is off is the number 3 fuel addition setting which they reccomend at a 3.This is very rich for a non ported 1300. I ran my egt system to monitor temps and ended up using the lowest setting, which they would call a zero for the red wot led.My fuel addition settings i use on my non ported ski with all the bolt ons aregreen 5.0yellow 5.5red 0my crossovers are set as they reccomend on the chart, and i really havent experimented with them much.On my egt gauge i had a 10-15 degree drop for every half point i dropped the red led. From their reccomended 3, to the zero i ended up at i went from 1010 degrees at the rich 3 setting, to 1065 degrees at the zero setting.I raised the midrange settings to cool the burn a little. The non ported 1300 runs very hot at 4000-4500, around 1220 degrees, and that was on their reccomended 4 setting, so a little extra fuel there took 20-30 degrees off it, and it has a killer holeshot for a non ported 1300.*I have not used this on a ported 1300 so i have no info on that. Im sure the fuel addition settings would be higher, especially the red led, to maybe a 5 or 6.The best thing about this controller is, according to glen at r&d. It can be reprogrammed to add even more fuel if necessary with different software!Hope this helps everyone.Thanks, ross

+1
    Hope that helps with the controller part

Thread Information