Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wont idle

wont idle

I have a 2007 rxp with stage 1.the stage 1 was done about 2 years ago at 38hrs and now has 61 hrs.jerry did my washers at that time..skis been perfect no issues at all.took it out today ran 71on gps had a great time..when I went to leave for home the ski kept stalling? if I hold the throttle at 1600 or above it seems fine.ski still ran perfectly fine,i took it up to 70 at full throttle and alls fine.i drove home around 35mph without issue and all seems perfect but wont idle and wont ever idle...no codes either.anyone have this issue or can point me into the right direction...

Take a look at your idle bypass valve. It's probably not opening to allow air in for her to idle.

+1
    Check for a boost leak sounds like you have one..

Quote Originally Posted by Rt-HemiBoY View Post
    Check for a boost leak sounds like you have one..
    She should still idle if she had a boost leak, no? The unit runs fine and produces top speed, whereas if he had a boost like this would not be the case. In addition he says that if he holds the throttle at 1600 she will idle fine, the unit should idle at around 1850. Sounds like IBV to me. Pop the valve out and see if it moves while cranking/idling.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by coolshirt View Post
    I have a 2007 rxp with stage 1.the stage 1 was done about 2 years ago at 38hrs and now has 61 hrs.jerry did my washers at that time..skis been perfect no issues at all.took it out today ran 71on gps had a great time..when I went to leave for home the ski kept stalling? if I hold the throttle at 1600 or above it seems fine.ski still ran perfectly fine,i took it up to 70 at full throttle and alls fine.i drove home around 35mph without issue and all seems perfect but wont idle and wont ever idle...no codes either.anyone have this issue or can point me into the right direction...
    Idle air control valve.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombino View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by coolshirt View Post
    Idle air control valve.
    . Pulled out idle air valve and I watched it move in and out as I put key in. Looks clean. Reinstalled,still the same. I'm not sure if that means its good?

Thanks guys for the quick replys

+1
    Is that drive by wire or cable? (dose it have a throttle cable or just wires going to the throttle body?)

Guessing drive by cable. Might need a TPS relearn. That requires candoo or Buds software.

You could try adjusting the screw that holds the throttle open, might have backed off?

Quote Originally Posted by hotbird View Post
    Is that drive by wire or cable? (dose it have a throttle cable or just wires going to the throttle body?)

Guessing drive by cable. Might need a TPS relearn. That requires candoo or Buds software.

You could try adjusting the screw that holds the throttle open, might have backed off?

Throttle cable. Screw is factory set and is sealed in th same place it's been on the throttle body

+1
    Try the easy stuff 1st.
    New spark plugs, and fuel Injector cleaner. I use Lucas from Walmart its 7$ for 32oz..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information