Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Results for Wedge and Grate Install

I got my RXT out on Lake Austin today. I cannot believe the performance gain with just those two items. The holeshot was great but did not like it when air entered the grate due to the bow rise. I definitely notice a speed increase, before I got 65 mph (gps) on a 1/4 full tank, today I got 65.7 on a full tank, and 66 mph (gps) on a 1/2 full tank. I should have check the speed before loading it up, but forgot. The porpoise effect was more rough than before, a couple of time I thought I was going to smash my face in the handle bar pad, but I did pull off 66 mph.

I did race and ride an Ultra 250, they look sick in the water but not to fond of the red. This 250 had 10 hrs on it, my RXT has 12 hrs, I weight in at 255 lbs plus gear, the other person (kid) probably weighted in at 160-180 lbs, plus gear. We raced 11 times, I won 10 and he won 1 on my RXT. I did hand over my gps to him on the 4th run to get a speed reading, he went 64.7 mph, don't know which one he did that on. After 10th race he asked if he could ride my RXT and I could ride his 250, I was not going to pass that up. I like the adjustable handbars for standing up, more comfortable than my RXT, the seat was very comfortable, the handling was better than my RXT (can't wait for the REs to come in), I hate the key. I felt like a complete dumb a$$ because he had to show me how to start it. I was kinda dissapointed in the acceleration, after reading on here about the acceleration, everytime my RXT had better acceleration, even with him on it. He told "I like how much more power your ski (RXT) has than my Ultra 250, I thought I was going to flip it when the front end came out of the water." I did tell him his ski has about 30 hp more than my RXT.
    Overall I do the like the Ultra 250, and there is potential in these machines, I would not mind having one.

finally someone actually raced the ultra 250 with an RXT well my RXT runs 74mph i don't think i have to worry about the ultra beating me just jet , i hope to get fatser with the RE block offs

+1
    do you have the Riva Grate?
    I have been waiting to do this mod on my RXT but I will probably do it soon

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by beached log View Post
    finally someone actually raced the ultra 250 with an RXT well my RXT runs 74mph i don't think i have to worry about the ultra beating me just jet , i hope to get fatser with the RE block offs
    Ha... i will LOVE to race one vs my ALMOST stock new stage 3 and B kit set-up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    do you have the Riva Grate?
    I have been waiting to do this mod on my RXT but I will probably do it soon
    I have a Riva Grate and Wedge. I have RE blockoffs coming and soon to order a Riva thru hull exhaust.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    have you ridden in rough water with the ski in both calm water and rough water with the stock intake grate and the riva grate?

wondering if you felt a difference in the rougher stuff and slight chop with the riva grate...

it was my personal experience on several occassions, and the experience of another builder/tuner that we didn't like the riva grate on the 3-seaters.

when i had my RXT, i rode with 4 other RXTs all the time, and mod for mod we were all about the same... then i added the riva grate and they all kept stock grates. on glass we were still the same, nothing changed from the grate. the split second the river transitioned from glass to a chop the stock grate RXTs would pull away from me.

if gives the "sensation" that the pump is staying hooked up better, but i saw several times it was slower in some small chop compared to stock grate RXTs... so by the sound of the engine and the sensation the rider gets, u think the grate keeps the pump loaded with water, but there was some opposite effect going on.

if it was ONLY me, i'd sit back and not say anything, but it wasn't just my experienced, i've talked to others about the riva grates on 3-seaters also and some have similar findings

the 250's only go 65?

What about with the RXP? Samething as the 3-seater or does the grate help it?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_viper42 View Post
    What about with the RXP? Samething as the 3-seater or does the grate help it?

grate is a MUST HAVE on the RXP

+1
    Last weekend was pretty smooth on the lake except for the wakes behind the ski boats. When I was going over the wakes the pump did unload more often than the stock grate, but not for sure if that was me giving a little more throttle than before. My RXT did seem to hook up a lot more when coming out of sharp turns.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information