Thread: Ultra 300x ecu?

+1

Ultra 300x ecu?

I really don't know much about the ecu on these ski`s and from what I can gather Kawasaki is really the only ones that knows exactly how it works and what its limitations are! My question is will it adjust fuel delivery at all if the engine gets a lot more air.If the Riva cold air intake delivers a higher volume of air to the SC than the stock air box does will the ECU adjust fuel so that it keeps a safe AFR? does anyone actually know or is this unchartered water?

+1
    bit of a no brainer really, boost is boost, the s/c is only ever going to push x amount of air governed by rpms, hense the reason for a bov. some of us are running 8200rpm wot for 30+mins and are yet to experience a problem.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Yep, not worth the effort. It is going to pull the same amount of air through the stock air box. If you had a very restrictive air box then it could help a tiny bit, but there isn't any restrictions on our system that would warrant a change.

+1
    anyone tried the reflashed ECU's ?

+1
    There are some running them. Wish I had the nerve to try one at extended periods of wot

+1
    not only Kawasaki. you wont need it for a airbox, a pulley is a different story.
    the reflash files that I have seen don't mess with timing up top which is a very good thing, just a little leaner than factory

+1
    Wish this ski had a AFR gauge...hooking up an O2 sensor, power wide band and gauge, just too expensive...

+1
    We have plenty 300s running on reflashed ECU for over a year now with absolutely no problems .. Also to make another thing clear you will be asked to send in your ECU with a list of modifications done to your ski so he can tweak the map to compensate for them .. All I can say is that everything togheter does make a difference especially on the RPM of the engine and that's where aftermarket prop for the 300 really shine !!

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SAL08HO View Post
    We have plenty 300s running on reflashed ECU for over a year now with absolutely no problems .. Also to make another thing clear you will be asked to send in your ECU with a list of modifications done to your ski so he can tweak the map to compensate for them .. All I can say is that everything togheter does make a difference especially on the RPM of the engine and that's where aftermarket prop for the 300 really shine !!
    What does a reflash cost? Whats the most gains you have seen?
    Another thing! You never here tell of anyone Extrude honing the exhaust ports,manifold and entire exhaust pipe, I know from experience it is very expensive to do, but I know on the 2 strokes I saw as much as 200 RPM gain just from extrude honing. after all an engine is just a big air pump! The more air we can pump in and out the more power she makes. I know Dustin Farthings Kawi 300 had it done!!!ever see him leave off the line in 2nd place? nope!

+1
    i have had an earlier head ported but to be honest the gains arent noticeable on a s/c engine like you said the air is being forced in anyway. the guy that done the job said kawasaki have built a great head that requires next to no work to make it any better he said it was the best he's seen from the factory. by the way this guy has been around a very long time and builds race engines for world superbikes/harley/ and all other brands he even built his own superbike years ago search hunwick hallam motor bike.

Thread Information