+1

died while running, new battery just installed?

so, took the 00 xpl out last weekend... Oddly enough, I'm out riding the other day, and in the middle of the lake my ski starts losing power, sputters, and dies. basically little happened with trying to restart, so i got towed in. first time this year.

got it to shore and took out plugs thinking it hydro locked, but nothing in it. it cranked faster though, before it barely hit/wouldn't spin. i had just replaced the battery a month ago, and kept the ski unhooked with the charger on every week, though i was at four days of use at this point.

anyway, i had a spare battery, threw it in and no drama, ran a few hours and went home. brought the other battery in and had it charged and load tested, was ok... an agm 300ca or so. did another full tank on the battery that died on me this Wed.
    W
    thoughts? really don't know wth. maybe regulator is failing?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmm View Post
    so, took the 00 xpl out last weekend... Oddly enough, I'm out riding the other day, and in the middle of the lake my ski starts losing power, sputters, and dies. basically little happened with trying to restart, so i got towed in. first time this year.

got it to shore and took out plugs thinking it hydro locked, but nothing in it. it cranked faster though, before it barely hit/wouldn't spin. i had just replaced the battery a month ago, and kept the ski unhooked with the charger on every week, though i was at four days of use at this point.

anyway, i had a spare battery, threw it in and no drama, ran a few hours and went home. brought the other battery in and had it charged and load tested, was ok... an agm 300ca or so. did another full tank on the battery that died on me this Wed.
    W
    thoughts? really don't know wth. maybe regulator is failing?
    Strange that its taking that long to kill the battery...I'm thinking your stator or your pickup may be having issues or your rectifier is failing. The rectifier usually either works or it dosnet. Rare cases it does something like yours is doing. Either way you have a power draw and I would spend some time tracing that down. I've also known the vts to cause a power draw

+1
    I was actually just looking into the rectifier kit sold by the seadoo guy that uses an external rxp rectifier, but i couldn't find the order section...

I've never checked for a draw with a ski running, any tips? when you mentioned vts i was thinking that earlier, maybe it was stuck in an overtravel and drawing while running.

full disclosure, i was just in there due to a siezed Bendix, mostly just cleaned everything up and called it good. not sure but 15 hrs since doing that at least

Thread Information