Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Kawasaki Ultra 250X 2008 - Cooling problem?

Hello! I just bought my first PWC, an Kawasaki Ultra 250X 2008.
    It has 73 hours, are quick and runs about 70mph and 7820rpm.
    But i noticed that it aint coming any water from the cooling indicator on the right front when im running or when im flushing.
    I've never got any warning message about it being overheated though. But im still worried.

And when i flush the motor it comes water from the exhaust, is that normal?
    What can the problem be?

Best regards,
    Simon

+1
    Trace the hose and see if it is connected properly. It may just be draining into the hull and getting sucked out by the syphen bilge suction. If you are not overheating you are getting proper cooling so that water is going somewhere.

+1
    they also block occassionally at the outlet on the manifold pull the hose and stick a piece of wire in there. if you have an air compressor blow through to move the rubbish

Thank you for your quick answers. I will try to locate the hose and check it when i come back home.
    So it isnt normal to have water coming trough the exhaust when flushing?

By the way, another strange thing that has happened two-three times is when i go from nothing to full throttle its like the ski stops pulling for a millisecond at the beginning.
    Like its getting to much gasoline or something?

+1
    Yes the exhaust is supposed to have water coming out of it.
    WHat could be happening is if the hose came off either fitting or split you could be putting enough water in the hull that the belt gets wet enough to slip and you loose the power as it spins but catches. If the hose is off one of the fittings be sure it is not plugged also as that could have caused it to blow off the fitting.
    Welcome to the Forum and any more questions just let us know. we are here to help.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    they also block occassionally at the outlet on the manifold pull the hose and stick a piece of wire in there. if you have an air compressor blow through to move the rubbish
    +1

I had this issue 10 days ago, ski was running fine no pisser or over heating, I popped off the pisser hose from the exhaust manifold and pushed abit of rod down the union and felt resistance (build up), twidled it around to break it up and the pisser worked fine after this.

+1
    its actually the gasket you are breaking through not build up remember the gasket doesnt have the large cut outs the manifolds have the gasket is made up of small holes to retain a more temperate flow.

Quote Originally Posted by kwakmat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    +1

I had this issue 10 days ago, ski was running fine no pisser or over heating, I popped off the pisser hose from the exhaust manifold and pushed abit of rod down the union and felt resistance (build up), twidled it around to break it up and the pisser worked fine after this.

I just popped off the pisser hose from the exhaust manifold and blowed through with an air compressor. Going for a ride later too see if that fixed the problem. Approximately how long will it take before it starts to come water from the piss hole? Or is it supposed to start direct?

By the way, i dropped a tiny screw-nut in the bottom of ski under the motor. Cant reach it because it is to tight there and its under the motor . Is it dangerous to drive around with it down there? What should i do?

+1
    U can use an air compressor and blow it towards the fuel tank from the rear or viseversa that's what I have done

Oh! Why didnt i think of that when i had the air compressor down by the ski? Thank you for the tip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information