MSX110 waste gate lever broken

On one of my 2004 MSX110's, the lever that operates the turbo waste gate broke off at the down rod that goes into the exhaust manifold. Has anyone taken their exhaust manifold/turbo apart? Do you think I could weld this lever back on the down rod? Does anyone have parts?

Thanks

+1
    The lever is welded on originally, so no doubt you could weld it back together.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	305987

Found the waste gate valve in waterbox, not sure I can sucessully weld this through the exhaust manifold...
    Looks like I am going to have to replace the exhaust manifold.

+1
    Bummer. Yeah, because of where it sheared... didn't leave you much sticking out of the manifold to weld onto... by the looks of it.

Was it seized and snapped when you tried to free it up?

Cheers!

+1
    I've fixed a few stuck wastegates but it involves removing the turbo which i'd rather shoot myself in both feet before I do that again. You'll have to slide the valve in from the inside of the turbo and weld the lever back on just make sure it's pointing in the right direction

ripcuda - Before it failed the waste gate was free and working properly as far as I knew. It broke at random while under way.

GGG - I know what you mean now about shooting yourself in both feet now... took me a whole weekend to tear apart and turn engine on its side inside hull just to get to the turbo, then another weekend to replace turbo and put it all back together... Luckily (or unluckily, I'm not sure...) I have 2 of these boats, so I had one to look at to see what it is supposed to look like when it is all put back together!
    I found it to be very challenging, many bolts had not turned since leaving the the factory in 2004... some were very difficult to even put a long handled tool on... had to break off one of the tail pipe bolts and beat it out with a hammer, I lost several hours fighting that one...

After some dollars, time, sweat, and skinned knucles, she is back on the water!
    Thanks for the support guys, this forum is a wealth of knowledge, I am not a professional PWC mechanic, I would have never been able to pull off this repair on my own without the tips and thread history on this forum! Thanks to all who have contributed!

+1
    Congrats! Glad you hear your back on the water with your Weber-engined MSX.

I feel the pain you went through. My last Weber engine pull was on a virgin... had never been pulled or messed with since the factory. They spray a heavy black paint at the factory over the entire engine and block area including a lot of hoses and every allen-head bolt you need to undo. Well... good luck getting your allen wrench into the matching size allen bolt when the bolt is covered in thick paint. You have to hammer tap the allen wrench in every bolt to break up the paint layer. And many bolts are out of sight and done by feel... or have no room to access. Serious PITA!

Happy boosting!

Cheers!

Thread Information