Water in the hull '10 RXPX 255

Hi guys newbie here, I wish the first post was better news though

Did about 45 mins in total today including sharp turns , choppy waves etc and then all of a sudden the performance dropped and started to literally bounce in the water. I then started noticing the water level starting to creep up towards me from behind and the engine started to slightly choke. Then I knew something wasn't right!

Pulled up on the beach a few guys helped me push it out of the water and noticed it weighed more than usual (not that I can pick it up with one hand) pulled the seat off and found the water level in the hull was 1/3rd full!!!!

Pulled the plug drained it out couldn't really do much except drain it out completely and inspect if there was anything obvious. Couldn't find anything then pushed it back into the water switched it on and checked again but couldn't catch anything obvious.

Rode back to my trailer about a couple of miles (had no other choice) then onto the trailer pulled off the seat and yes I did find water but it wasn't as much as I expected meaning this issue isn't too new.

Some background about the Ski:

Bought it off a friend of a friend had a total of 55 hrs on it dealer maintained all records available.

I had the inter-cooler leak last week after the first hour and had that replaced and now this.

I don't know what common problems are after 55 hrs

Your inputs highly appreciated!!!

PS. While washing I noticed a small amount of seaweed (like 2 fingers) hanging out from the intake grate before pulling it out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_dogg View Post

Did about 45 mins in total today including sharp turns , choppy waves etc and then all of a sudden the performance dropped and started to literally bounce in the water. I then started noticing the water level starting to creep up towards me from behind and the engine started to slightly choke. Then I knew something wasn't right!

Pulled up on the beach a few guys helped me push it out of the water and noticed it weighed more than usual (not that I can pick it up with one hand) pulled the seat off and found the water level in the hull was 1/3rd full!!!!

Pulled the plug drained it out couldn't really do much except drain it out completely and inspect if there was anything obvious. Couldn't find anything then pushed it back into the water switched it on and checked again but couldn't catch anything obvious.

Rode back to my trailer about a couple of miles (had no other choice) then onto the trailer pulled off the seat and yes I did find water but it wasn't as much as I expected meaning this issue isn't too new.

Bought it off a friend of a friend had a total of 55 hrs on it dealer maintained all records available.

I had the inter-cooler leak last week after the first hour and had that replaced and now this.

PS. While washing I noticed a small amount of seaweed (like 2 fingers) hanging out from the intake grate before pulling it out.
    Welcome to the forum...sorry to hear about your problems.
    I would start by looking at the hoses inside the ski to see if anything is loose or has came off....since you say you had the intercooler replaced.
    Something else i would check is the carbon seal assembly on the drive shaft...that`s another point of water entry if there are any issues there.
    With regards to the seaweed...that really shouldn`t be a problem, as we often get that on ours...when bringing our ski`s into the slip.

Belgrano, Distrito Federal, Argentina, Argentina
    sea doo never sinks, you're dario mazzei????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by heckie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_dogg View Post

Welcome to the forum...sorry to hear about your problems.
    I would start by looking at the hoses inside the ski to see if anything is loose or has came off....since you say you had the intercooler replaced.
    Something else i would check is the carbon seal assembly on the drive shaft...that`s another point of water entry if there are any issues there.
    With regards to the seaweed...that really shouldn`t be a problem, as we often get that on ours...when bringing our ski`s into the slip.

Problem sorted!!!!

I just had it in for an intercooler change 4 days before and Seadoo said it was a "Loose Clamp" I told them I wont pay a penny for it!

+1
    Checking clamps, on anything that goes on the water is a good idea - a good item on a pre/post ride check.

Glad you are sorted out. Enjoy.

Thread Information