Rxp-x vts problem

so the fuse was blown on the vts on my 08 rxp-x, we replaced it and still no trim, the fuse blew again, dude says it should be the motor, i was wondering any chance it can be something besides replacing the trim motor?? thanks

+1
    Could be the housing, that's where the electronics are. They usually are the culprit

3. +1 by:

+1
    Have the same thing happen on my '04 yesterday, I'll try the fuse but I feel it's never that easy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MONSTERMATT View Post
    so the fuse was blown on the vts on my 08 rxp-x, we replaced it and still no trim, the fuse blew again, dude says it should be the motor, i was wondering any chance it can be something besides replacing the trim motor?? thanks
    Have you removed the cover on the VTS unit itself...inside the ski. Check to see if it has any water inside it....which could be causing a short and blowing the fuse.
    If the rubber boot is perished on the VTS rod on top of the pump assembly....then water could be getting into the VTS housing. It`s pretty well sealed by the cover gasket so any water can actually stay inside the housing and be making contact with the motor wiring. The wires inside mine were running along the bottom of the housing...below the motor at the lowest point in the housing.

Quote Originally Posted by heckie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MONSTERMATT View Post
    Have you removed the cover on the VTS unit itself...inside the ski. Check to see if it has any water inside it....which could be causing a short and blowing the fuse.
    If the rubber boot is perished on the VTS rod on top of the pump assembly....then water could be getting into the VTS housing. It`s pretty well sealed by the cover gasket so any water can actually stay inside the housing and be making contact with the motor wiring. The wires inside mine were running along the bottom of the housing...below the motor at the lowest point in the housing.
    SO next step is to start takin the ski apart, and it reassuring to know that i may be able to skate without replacing the motor.... THANKS

Primary Language: Sarcasm Pony Racer's Avatar
    +1
    open the housing.. pull the motor out.. lube and spin it by hand.. replace fuse.. VTS should work..

my friend does this every year to his.. no matter how many times he replaces the seal in the hull and he has replaced the housing and motor assembly as well .. .. it still gets water..

Thread Information