2000 Seadoo GTX died in water??? MPEM? Help needed

So July 4th I ran a tank through the ski. In the middle of the second tank it just died on the water. I was towed back to the dock. The 5 amp fuse was blown in the MPEM box. So I made a dumb move and replaced it with a 10 amp fuse. The dash lights came on and stayed on and would not go off. When I put the lanyard in no beeps and it would not turn over when I pressed the start button. So I disconnected the battery thinking it would reset itself if I left it unplugged for 15 minutes. When I reconnected the battery nothing came on the display. I then made another mistake by plugging my battery charger up to the battery and charging it, thinking it was the battery (which is brand new purchased in May). Can someone please help me. I think I have damaged the MPEM box but the fuses still give me a reading 9.6v. The battery gives me 12.6v and when I test the solenoid in the rear electrical box it gives me a 12.6 reading on the left side and 0 on the right side (starter side).

If anyone could give me any advice I would greatly appreciate it. I tried checking the ground wire at the bottom of the engine but it is hard to get to.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLongest View Post
    So July 4th I ran a tank through the ski. In the middle of the second tank it just died on the water. I was towed back to the dock. The 5 amp fuse was blown in the MPEM box. So I made a dumb move and replaced it with a 10 amp fuse. The dash lights came on and stayed on and would not go off. When I put the lanyard in no beeps and it would not turn over when I pressed the start button. So I disconnected the battery thinking it would reset itself if I left it unplugged for 15 minutes. When I reconnected the battery nothing came on the display. I then made another mistake by plugging my battery charger up to the battery and charging it, thinking it was the battery (which is brand new purchased in May). Can someone please help me. I think I have damaged the MPEM box but the fuses still give me a reading 9.6v. The battery gives me 12.6v and when I test the solenoid in the rear electrical box it gives me a 12.6 reading on the left side and 0 on the right side (starter side).

If anyone could give me any advice I would greatly appreciate it. I tried checking the ground wire at the bottom of the engine but it is hard to get to.
    If you jumped it with the battery attached there is a 99% probability it's fried. Find a used one on here. they either work or they don't so used makes no difference. If you have a friend with the same motor in another ski try swapping gray boxes first before ordering parts. Cut the ground off and relocate to another location.

If anyone has an MPEM for sale for a 951 2000 gtx I desperately need one without spending a fortune

+1
    I have 1. pm sent.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    I have 1. pm sent.
    Jim's good people. I've done business with him before. No worries here.

Join the club John on frying MPEM's. I just fried mine to I believe.

Yes, I am going to order one from Jim in the morning. Hopefully this solves my problems. Thanks for all the quick responses.

Thread Information