Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New to the PWC world. RXT 260

Well. I was bored last Saturday, went out to buy a new truck and ended up with a 2013 SeaDoo RXT. I have had drag cars, four wheelers, powerboats, motorcycles, etc.... but have never owned a PWC. I have rode my friends skis before and have enjoyed them, but only as much as you can enjoy something that is not yours.

I do not normally purchase something without doing some research, but on this particular thing I did none. I made my selection based on it had the highest horsepower, s3 hull, and none of the bells and whistles that the models above it did. I have completed the break-in and have really enjoyed it but of course it needs some mods.

I really enjoyed reading the sticky: "Thread: Guide for tuning and modifying 255/260 HP iControl skis"

Was the RXT a good choice? I don't care about pulling skiers or stability. I will just take the thing out, run up and down the lake, rip a few waves, and tear up a straight away when its glass. I sold a few things and got caught up in work allot and was looking to get into something I could build again now that I have some free time.

Can I assume that most all mods that are listed for the RXT-X model will work for my ski? I am assuming they will, as I cannot tell much diference between the rxt and rxt-x.

I had planned on starting out the mods with: Athena, Fuel pressure regulator, rear exit exhaust, open loop, larger injectors, power filter, catch can, bilge pumps, and blow off valve.

The other shit obviously is granola, but how about the ECU? MoTec or Athena? My tuning experience is with BigStuff 3 which I am assuming these are similar too.

From what I have read the factory gps is not exactly accurate, do you guys recommend a certain gps for doing some speed runs? I have maxed it out, but it definitely has a limiter at 70. The limiter has a similar feel as when you max out a truck at 99, it pulls pretty decent until 70 and then hits a road block. I believe it probably has at least 1 more mph more, but I have not had enough experience to know how much more. I personally would like to do most of the mods that really give no speed benefits at all but build a good foundation to work off of.

Pardon me if there was a million threads with all these answers, this was more or less an introduction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130705_194525.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	305846Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130706_100438.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	305848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130701_185432.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	305849

-Morgan

Get:
    vtech maptuner
    Vtech license will let you edit maps also!
    Vtech data logger.
    Vt11 injectors
    Riva ic
    Riva thermostat
    Riva rear exit.
    Bigger sc
    Dump valve and air intake kit.
    Spings and retainers .

Then there is a ton of things you can buy..

+1
    If your choices are MoTeC or Athena, I would go with MoTeC hands down....I am not a Brand "R" fan, hence I dont really like the Athena.

If you want to just reflash the ECU, I would look into Les Cooke is Australia...He has been in the business for MANY years and has some of the fastest shit on the IJSBA race series..You would have to send him your ECU with the list of what your mods are and stuff like that but I am VERY happy with every Les Cooke reflash I have done....

I also see that you are in Woodstock, I live in Alpharetta and work in Lawrenceville at a dealership so if I can help, let me know!!

+1
    +100 on what Tiny said. Forget post #2 due to poor customer support, enough said!
    Forget the BOV, causes more trouble than its worth.
    Top of the line is MoTeC M1 period.
    Look at my signature for ideas.

And welcome to the Hulk.

5. +1 by:

Rex

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    If your choices are MoTeC or Athena, I would go with MoTeC hands down....I am not a Brand "R" fan, hence I dont really like the Athena.

If you want to just reflash the ECU, I would look into Les Cooke is Australia...He has been in the business for MANY years and has some of the fastest shit on the IJSBA race series..You would have to send him your ECU with the list of what your mods are and stuff like that but I am VERY happy with every Les Cooke reflash I have done....

I also see that you are in Woodstock, I live in Alpharetta and work in Lawrenceville at a dealership so if I can help, let me know!!
    Love my LC 9.5k ecu.

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    +100 on what Tiny said. Forget post #2 due to poor customer support, enough said!

And welcome to the Hulk.
    Oh so it better to send your ecu all over the world and hopefully get it back before the summer is over ?

We have no issues at all with the ski TS have so back off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECH.SE View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post

And welcome to the Hulk.
    Oh so it better to send your ecu all over the world and hopefully get it back before the summer is over ?

We have no issues at all with the ski TS have so back off.

I REALLY no NOTHING about your product other than there seems to be lots of threads with Vtec issues....It could be user error, it could be software error, I dont know...

I am not trying to bash your product by any means so please dont flame me, I am just stating what I see on the boards here......

I sent my ECU to LC and got it back a week and a half later just so you know....

And yes, BOV are a waste of time on these motors...

I have all the stuff in stock for a cold air intake.

I was aiming at jpt not you.

And we also have send in ecu flashing if customer wants that.

But it's little outdated when you can get and edit tunes yourself in minutes .

And we have now several 100's if users on a system that is very new and constantly evolving .

We update it to make it as self going as possible to make it as easy as possible for endusers.

Tell me tiny. Why have you never tried it?

+1
    If you want wasted weekends .. hell wasted weeks waiting for tunes then go vtech. Otherwise if you want amazing support and the best there is get motec. I assure you will be extremely happy

Quote Originally Posted by seadoo02xp View Post
    If you want wasted weekends .. hell wasted weeks waiting for tunes then go vtech. Otherwise if you want amazing support and the best there is get motec. I assure you will be extremely happy
    Your on motec so you should not be talking..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information