Polaris X45 Vibration

Today on the water the X45 developed a vibration at low RPM. I believe it to be from the pump area.

Will a pump from a 97 SL1050 fit on the X45 without any issues? The X45 has a reverse tube on it but the SL 1050 does not.

Where would I find a rebuild kit for the bearings and seals for the pump and the bearing on the machine inside the engine compartment?

What should I do about the impeller? I think I either need a new one or have mine rebuilt. What are my options for companies who provide parts or repairs?

What would be an estimate for repairs?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcahl View Post
    Today on the water the X45 developed a vibration at low RPM. I believe it to be from the pump area.

Will a pump from a 97 SL1050 fit on the X45 without any issues? The X45 has a reverse tube on it but the SL 1050 does not.

Where would I find a rebuild kit for the bearings and seals for the pump and the bearing on the machine inside the engine compartment?

What should I do about the impeller? I think I either need a new one or have mine rebuilt. What are my options for companies who provide parts or repairs?

What would be an estimate for repairs?
    Would suggest a few more diagnostics prior to replacing parts. Once you pulll the pump apart, you will see that it is made up of several components, some, a few, or all of which may be bad. If only the bearings and seals need replaced, you are looking at less than $50, doing the work yourself. Once you have the pump apart, you can verify your impeller to wear ring clearance, and determine if it is within tolerance. If it is, and your impeller is in good condition, it may not be time for a rebuild......

Bearings and seals: https://sites.google.com/site/ghostinstallations/parts

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    First thing to do is visually inspect the jet pump for debris stuck in the impeller.

See my signature links for How-To info on removing the jet pump, and how it comes apart.

There is a special tool required to disassemble the impeller from the pump stator. Tool is about $20 or less.

After taking the pump off the machine. The bearings are definitely bad. The propeller has play in the housing. I have not removed it from the housing yet. The seal was also bad allowing water into the hull. The drive that was worn and will need replaced.

The web site SBT do not recognize the X45 in most of their parts description. Would this be the same as the 1999 Genesis for looking up parts for the X45.

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    The SLTX would be the closest, the genesis is not (some parts are, but not all).

Another name for the x-45 is the SLTX-B

Banned User
    +1
    The pump parts are all the same from any extended pump Polaris watercraft. All of the bearings and seals are the same.

Would you have a stub shaft and bearing housing for an X45 (sltx-b is what they tell me) Maybe need a good impeller for it as well.

Banned User
    +1
    Those parts except the impeller are standard across any 94 and later Polaris ski. I may have an impeller here if you need one. Its a Nujet 7.0, in perfect condition, like new.

Thread Information